Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Can anyone recommend a good baby book?

eyt is offline Registered User
    Yuen Long

Smile Can anyone recommend a good baby book?

Can anyone recommend a comprehensive guide that would cover from preconception to birth? If I was to buy just one book, what would you suggest?
    Many thanks!!

Sumei is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    It would have to be the "What to expect when you are expecting " series - it's VERY comprehensive and after reading about 8 books when I was preggers, I found that I basically could have done with just reading that book although it's always ncie to get different perspectives on a topic.....

good luck!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i like the miriam stoppard book: conception, pregnancy and birth (i think that's what it's called). what i really liked about it was that it has been translated into chinese so that my hubby had a copy and i had a copy and we could compare notes.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    I like the Dr Sears' books. He has a Baby Book which covers pregnancy and birth
    Last edited by rani; 09-13-2006 at 07:03 AM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

capital is offline Banned
    If I had just one book to buy it wouls be this one pdated+The?ref=Search+Books%3a+'childbirth'

it is a very very good book, particularily about birth, it explains all the options out there, with no bias one way or the other, just the facts. I really didn't like the what to expect series myself. It didn';t really tell me anything I didn't already know. I bough A LOT of books and this one was the best by far. The rest were okay to read, but not useful knowlegde wise.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    I quite liked the Rough Guide to's quite light hearted and humerous, while at the same time giving a comprehensice view of the pregnancy month by month.

Don't think it covers pre-sonception though....I can't remember. I bought it after I'd found out I was pregnant.