Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Gyms for prenatal

tutor1 is offline Registered User

Gyms for prenatal

Hi

I'm hoping to join a gym and wonder if anyone can give any recommendations good classes, esp for pre natal. At home I used to see a lot of mothers at the PUMP classes and they looked healthy and strong.

Does anyone go to one of the gyms in HK and can they recommend one with a great ambience and maybe where I might meet other mum's to be?

I've been looking at FITNESS FIRST, CALIFORNIA and PURE YOGA but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

rach is offline Registered User

Hi

I am a member at pure (fitness and yoga) find it good as have the choice to do some prenatal yoga classes at pure yoga (only 2 a week in central and 2 in causeway bay) but I also do some resistance/pump type stuff as well when i feel more energetic. Pure fitness also has some prenatal exercise classes which are good and again good supplement to other stuff so plenty of choice. I think a few of the yoga places do prenatal yoga and i'm sure they are all good.

joannetsao is offline Registered User

I'm also a Pure Fitness/Yoga member. I'm in my last trimester now and have found the Pre-natal Fitness classes at Pure Fitness excellent for relieving back and shoulder strain from the pregnancy. I did a few of the pre-natal yoga classes at Pure Yoga...I thought they were pretty good. Pure Fitness has XXL clothes should you wish to continue wearing their workout gear through pregnancy. Also, there are a couple instructors that welcome pregnant women into their classes that are not designated pre-natal classes. Depending on your prior fitness level, I would think you could join any class (no kickboxing though!) for as long as you're comfortable.

Yoga Limbs in Sheung Wan is a very friendly, social place. They have a pre-natal class and a mom & baby class that are fun and a great place to meet other women. Wanda's the owner and primary instructor. If you've been doing yoga for some time before pregnancy, she certainly welcomes you to other yoga classes, not just pre-natal and will instruct you on how to modify poses for your stage of pregnancy.

Good luck

rani is offline Administrator

tutor1,

were you working out before you got pregnant? if not, then most Drs don't recommend you start during pregnancy. prenatal yoga is defintely a good idea, have a look at

http://www.iyengaryogahongkong.com/

Last edited by rani; 09-14-2006 at 10:26 AM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

PUre Yoga and Pure Fitness

Thanks for your replies. I did go and check out Pure Yoga at TST and the facilities are excellent however I'd love to do some pump for strengthening my back as it always helps. Since you are members of Pure Fitness, does that mean you are entitled to go to Pure Yoga as well? Thanks.

Hi Tutor,

You can buy a membership for both the gym/yoga. I think its around $1000/month. There is someone selling theirs on GeoExpat.

http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...&cat=18&page=2

I was at the Hollywood Rd gym this week and noticed they do have a prenatal class a couple times a week. The Hollywood gym is the cheapest in the group. It's $599/month for a 2 year contract.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

:woman Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Hi Tutor,

You can buy a membership for both the gym/yoga. I think its around $1000/month. There is someone selling theirs on GeoExpat.

http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...&cat=18&page=2

I was at the Hollywood Rd gym this week and noticed they do have a prenatal class a couple times a week. The Hollywood gym is the cheapest in the group. It's $599/month for a 2 year contract.

Ahh...I was wondering who would be the first to use the woman smilie. Just added it last night.

Welcome.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002