Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Weaning

joannek is offline Registered User
    i also had the same thing happening to me, so I usually just nurse direct. i notice that my breast are not as engorged & it was more waiting for the let down for the milk to come out. i started using hand-expressing which then i yield more milk.

in any case, as your baby grows older, your milk becomes more nutritious/oz, so your baby needs the same amt of milk. about how many times does your baby drink milk now?

oh, and with the spoon. i started with the soft silicon spoons which are gentle to their gums (i forgot the brand, but there are only a few brands) and the spoon is clear silicon. and it'll also help if baby sees that you also eat with a spoon.

usfret is offline Registered User
    Bottle (expresssed milk) 4 oz x 2 times and direct nursing around 6 times. Basically he nurses every 3 hours. I pump 3x a day. Morning, noon and evening.

As for the spoons, I got the Pigeon brand weaning spoons. They are spsd to be ideal for the first solids.

same as mine, my baby had milk every 3 hrs.

well, mother's milk tea helped my milk supply when i thought i was low. so you can try that (can be purchased at mothercare, bumps to babes). you just drink according to instructions. and are you getting enough rest? cos a lack of rest also lower milk production, i find. & stress is also a milk buster.

usfret is offline Registered User
    I'll try the mother's milk tea. I really am getting worried now coz amount of pumped milk is still really low...Don't know if baby gets enough when he feeds directly. He doesn't seem hungry atleast and he comes off the breast on his own.

Also, thanks for Dr Bradshaw's contacts. He said the baby is really healthy and he couldn't quite figure why the cold had hung on for so long. But he did give us some medication to help clear the congestion. Am so relieved it's nothing serious.

Thanks again.

Red face

you're welcome.

glad to share my experience & glad to hear that your baby is well. it's tough being a new parent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12