Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby sleeps too much eats too little

mooncake is offline Registered User

Baby sleeps too much eats too little

My 3-month old seems to be sleeping all the time. I can barely feed her 5 times every day. Her schedule is :-

1:00am, 6:30am, 11am, 3pm, 8pm

I would like her to eat every 4 hours, but she usually sleeps an hour after feeding, wakes up for an hour or so, then sleeps again for 2 hour or more before the next feed. And she doesn't eat as much as I would like her to, max. 5-6 oz, but usually 3 oz the first and last feed - 20-22 oz total. She sleeps through the nite from 7-8pm to 6am. I have to feed her in her sleep at 1am.

I tried to wake her up to feed, but except the 1am feed, she will cry and reject the bottle until I let her sleep again.

Is my baby sleeping too much? Any way to keep her awake during her meal? Appreciate your advice!

msmslau is offline Registered User

20 - 22oz a day for a 3 mth old is actually pretty good. if your bb's weight gain is normal, then i won't worry about her sleeping too much since sleeping is really essential for baby's growth.

is your bb formula fed or breastfed? if breastfed, try to give her the hind milk (the milk that comes a little after the initial sucking) instead of the foremilk which is lower in fat.