Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lack of morning sickness

tutor1 is offline Registered User

Congratulations

First of all, congratulations. So exciting to hear that you are having twins.

I'm just curious. You sound like you are due around the same time as me (May 2007) and I wonder how you found out you are due with twins so early on. I have my first ultrasound end next week (when I should be 8 weeks) but I don't think they would have given me an ultrasound that early had I not requested it. What is your experience?

Great to hear someone is on the same timetable as me in HK. Keep in touch.

Jojo is offline Registered User

Smile

A&A,

Thanks for the advice. Have never been so chilled out iin my life sometimes I feel that maybe this is what brain dead feels like! Still there are the niggling little worries which I am doing my best to block out and to take things one day at a time.

Sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. Congratulations on this one and best of luck to you!

Jojo is offline Registered User

Smile

Hi tutor1,

Congratulations to you too! It looks as if we are due around the same time.

Actually I had my first ultra sound at 6 weeks which is when we saw two distinct 'entities' there. But it was too early to detect heartbeats and I have my 8 week appointment with the doctor next week so my husband and I are very excited about getting to hear the hearts beat and also to be assured that both foetuses are still there (have read literature about such phenomenon as the 'vanishing twin'). I guess since I was on fertility treatments and we had the IUI done, I was very prompt in determining my pregancy and the nurse just scheduled me in for a quick check up. I believe most doctors only see their patients for the first time at 8 weeks.

Good Luck!

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Talking

You ladies are so lucky!! I had morning sickness for 10 weeks (9 weeks to 19 weeks) - no actual throwing up, just nausea feeling - sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon, sometimes evening, sometimes all day ..... I got used to eating whilst feeling sick (a strange concept!) as I was concerned about putting on enough weight! I had about 4 days during that 10 weeks when I didn't have sickness, those days I got paranoid that something was wrong with the babies! hahahahahahhaa

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm with you.. but could never eat when feeling sick...
    my first was from 6 weeks- 16 weeks...

this one about 4 weeks until now...17 weeks...so far only lost around 7 pounds...

JDee is offline Registered User
    Hi Jojo,

I'm also expecting twins around the same time - I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. I also had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and I know it's very difficult not to worry - but you have every chance that this pregnancy will go well. While I do have bad "day" sickness I know everybody is different. Yours might kick in later or never.

I was first told that my twins might be sharing an amniotic sac which made me an absolute wreck but now it looks like they have their own. I was so worried I almost got sick but I know this - you can't change what will be by worrying. You just need think positively and stay healthy. That's the best thing you can do for yourself and your babies. Hope it all goes well.

Good Luck!

firsttimemum is offline Registered User
    Hi Jojo, Congrats! I'm in the same boat, except that I had a baby in Feb this year and was HORRIBLY sick with her - non-stop nausea and throwing up for 5 months, plus a hospitalisation with 'hyperemesis gravidarum' (the techincial term for the most severe form of morning sickness), because I'd lost so much liquid. Anyhow, I've just found out I'm expecting twins in June next year (not a planned pregnancy!) and no morning sickness! Go figure. I'm a bit concerned too, but VERY thankful that I'm not constantly throwing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12