Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lack of morning sickness

Jojo is offline Registered User

Question Lack of morning sickness

Am expecting twins, currently 7 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me to expect to be quite sick and so far (or is it too early) I'm experiencing minor bouts of nausea but nothing too extreme. I would love to hear from other would be mothers expecting twins as to whether it is the norm to be quite hard hit by morning sickness as frankly I am getting a little anxious that I am not.

carang is offline Registered User
    if you aren't count yourself lucky! i lost 20 pounds int he first trimester with my first son. i literally could not even look at food without heaving!

it may still hit you, then you'll wish you hadn't wished for it! LOL.

congratulations, by the way...

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I also worried that I wasn't feeling sick enough during the morning sickness period- I seem to be surrounded by people who had all been really, really ill with morning sickness and I use to worry that I hadn't!

However the most important thing I've learnt while pregnant (am currently 36 weeks) is that every pregnancy is different.
    The doctors and books will say what you should be feeling and when- but how strongly you get certain symtoms and when differs for everyone.
    We all have different bodies who respond and react to pregnancy differently.

For example: morning sickness is one symptom pregnant women have, but every women experiences it differently. Some are unable to keep anything down for weeks, others experience it just as nausea without any vomiting at all.

If you are concerned then it's always good to speak to your doctor- that's one of the benefits of having a private obstetrician- you can call them up anytime!

Congratulations!

rani is offline Administrator
    Jojo,

I didn't have morning sickness either. I did get really tired around 6pm and would have take a 30 mins cat nap before dinner.

Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Mousugumama is offline Registered User
    First of all, congrats!!
    I had twins last year and I was also told twin pregnancies tend to have heavier morning sickness. However, I had NONE WHATSOEVER! I was soooooo thankful for that. Just make sure you do not put on too much weight now as you would not be able to control it once babies start getting bigger and if you become too big, you will have other problems like high blood pressure. I gained about 20lb+ up to very late stage and all of a sudden started retaining water and gained additional 10lb in the last few weeks, which was very difficult. Because of high blood pressure, I ended up having c-section at 37 wks. Take it easy, and enjoy!!

A&A
    A&A is offline Registered User

Smile

Hello Jojo,

Congrats on your twins! I am 29 weeks pregnant with twins and I had absolutely no morning sickness. I was very fortunate, just like some of these other moms and moms-to-be. But, I do have to admit, I was concerned as well at first but then quickly told myself to be happy about it.

Every woman is different. If you are eating well, feeling healthy and your dr. appointments are good - you are doing great.

I also made it a point to eat a high fiber cereal with lots of milk every morning and the recommended amounts of water (sometimes more) and have to say I have had no constipation either. Maybe one or two days... but in 29 weeks, I feel like the combo saved me. Such pleasant things we get to talk about as prgnant ladies! :) and with having twins, I had no swelling until lately. I think the water helped with that too. But, once these little buggers get big enough, I don't think your body can help but get some swelling.

There are so many fun pregnant symptoms to choose from... One midwife told me "If you are having twins you can expect everything to be doubled... if you have morning sickness, it will be bad, if you don't get it in the beginning, you won't have it... if you get hemmoroids, you will get them doubly as bad, you either get a symptom two-fold, or you won't get the symptom at all." I don't know how much truth there is to this, but it did make me think about the morning sickness.

Jojo is offline Registered User

Smile

Thanks for all your very encouraging responses. I guess I am a tad anxious because of an 8 week miscarriage a few months ago.

This and the last pregnancy was a result of IUI.

Have to say that I am doing things quite differently this time, going easy on the exercise (fitness freak that I am) and that might be contributing to constipation but I guess as many of you have said, be thankful that I am not retching at every turn.

Fingers crossed this time!

A&A
    A&A is offline Registered User

Smile

Jojo, very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I went through an ectopic pregnancy last December at 6 weeks pregnant. I too was so worried about this pregnancy when I first found out... it sounds like you are very careful and all you can do is keep as healthy as possible and eat well.

Best of luck. Don't forget to keep pampering yourself too! The more relaxed you are, the better environment for your little ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast