Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kowloon Tong Nursery / Playgroup

tutor1 is offline Registered User

playgroups - nt

seriously, those charges are ridiculous. I'm a teacher and I say look to forming a group yourselves. Most condos have hire rooms with play equip for children. Good luck!

pinkpearl is offline Registered User

They conduct there classes in English as well cantonese.

Hi simjo.....
    i am really sorry.....the classes are in english and mandrin.

pinkpearl is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=pinkpearl;857484]They conduct there classes in English as well cantonese.

Hi simjo.....
    i am really sorry.....the classes are in english and mandrin.

talk2amy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMummy View Post
    I am planning to enroll my baby in KinderU Kowloon. Although I have read some threads regarding KinderU on this site, but the new KinderU is operated under another management team so am going to give it a go as I do believe in the Doman philosophy.

Anyone else tried the Doman flashcards with their babies? Would welcome any experiences with it.
    Hi NewMummy

Did you say there's a KinderU in KOWLOON? I thought it was only in Causeway Bay? I will attending the parents seminar on 8 Sept to see if it's any good. The Doman theory really only works if the program is also carried out at home so I want to find out what benefits the actual class offers. I will be training my helpers to do the reading program but i need someone to teach my babies in Putonghua.

NewMummy is offline Registered User

talk2amy,

yes, KinderU will be opening in Kowloon but it is managed by a different team. I think it is sometime in October or November, KinderU sent out an e-mail in July announcing it.

I agree that the theory only works if it is done at home as well, I guess that it is true for most things, like piano etc. My friend's daughter has been going to KinderU since she was 5 months and she goes 3 times a week, the other 4 days, she doesn't do anything, and her daughter is now 18months and can read and speak in both mandarin and english. I was quite impressed, so when my little one is born, I will also begin these classes.

I also attended both the babyplus seminar and KinderU seminar. I did find them very informative but did not sign up for the trial class there as it is still a few months away for me.... Would be interested to know what you think of them!

Anyway, as I also live in Kowloon, I think signing up for the Kowloon KinderU would be much more convenient!

happymebaby is offline Registered User

Thanks pinkpearl for the update!!!

happybilly is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMummy View Post
    talk2amy,

yes, KinderU will be opening in Kowloon but it is managed by a different team. I think it is sometime in October or November, KinderU sent out an e-mail in July announcing it.

I agree that the theory only works if it is done at home as well, I guess that it is true for most things, like piano etc. My friend's daughter has been going to KinderU since she was 5 months and she goes 3 times a week, the other 4 days, she doesn't do anything, and her daughter is now 18months and can read and speak in both mandarin and english. I was quite impressed, so when my little one is born, I will also begin these classes.

I also attended both the babyplus seminar and KinderU seminar. I did find them very informative but did not sign up for the trial class there as it is still a few months away for me.... Would be interested to know what you think of them!

Anyway, as I also live in Kowloon, I think signing up for the Kowloon KinderU would be much more convenient!

Hi Newmummy, I've considered enrolling my baby girl in the Kowloon KinderU as well but the receptionist told me all the teachers are new at that centre. Also, they seem a bit disorganised eg. they're supposed to be opening in Nov yet there is still no info abt it on their website, the receptionist didn't get back to me when she said she will (Twice!)...it just got me worried so I've decided to wait and see feedback on the new centre later before enrolling.

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

exact infor about tutortime

At the moment, I am sending 19-month-old daughter to Tutortime.
    We go to toddler activitygroup. this is for 1year to 2 years old toddlers.
    (you can choose to go 5 times, or 3times a week or 2times or just one time)
    We're quite happy with the class and teachers are very friendly.

We go only once a week, and school fee is $1600 per month.
    For toddler activity group, one parent or one guardian has to accompany. It's held for 90mins. 45 mins in Mandarin, and 45 mintues in English ! THey do not teach cantonese.

You pay start up fee $300 for a uniform, a hat, a bag and a waterbottle. And also You have to pay the deposit of a month school fee when you start the class. ( so we paid $3200 + $300 when we started going to tutortime)

Hope this is useful !!
    If you have more questions about tutortime, send me PMS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast