Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you tell anyone the name of your baby before he/she was born?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Did you tell anyone the name of your baby before he/she was born?

wittlewabbit is offline Registered User

Angry

Oh yes....this really makes me wanna rant .... some people are so insensitive and they would pass comments like---isnt that a girl-s name ( when it is so obvious that it is a guy's)or relatives would even suggest some names ( that you dont like---but dont refuse infront of them) ---as if the baby was theirs in their tummy.

capital is offline Banned
    I didn't becasue I think once you do everyone seems to give their unwanted opinion. Once the baby is born and the name is said, no one can really say anything. They just pretend to like it if they don't. The inlaws picked out several chinese names and we picked from yjr list

milb is offline Registered User
    We didn't want to tell to avoid unwanted opinions. But at the end, we couldn't decide a name until we were on the way to the hospital for delivery!

ManMan is offline Registered User
    My husband chose the English name and he asked me to arrange for a Chinese name. I asked a fortuneteller and he gave me three choices, and that was about a week after he was born. My husband had two choices and he told me his choices on the taxicab ride to the hospital the night before our son was born. But we didn't tell anyone else before he was born. Fact was, we're telling members of my family that the Chinese name was suggested by my hubby's older brother. They would think that my consulting a fortuneteller was a costly, unnecessary thing, and why didn't I ask them for suggestions...

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    I am 5 months pregnant and my husband gets uncomfortable talking about names. We know we are having a girl, but we are not sharing this news with our friends or family (all living overseas) so it will be a surprise. I don't want to receive mountains of pink clothes like I've seen happen to others!
    Once we finally decide on the name, there is no way we will tell anyone until after the birth.

I should add hubby finds the name thing hard as he will go to great lengths to avoid disagreeing with his pregnant wife about anything at the moment!
    Last edited by rachrobin; 03-20-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: More info

spockey is offline Registered User
    I told one of my best girlfriend who was going to give birth 6 months before i did and she "stole" the name we had planned for our bub! Of course, it was hard to get mad as she was a best mate - the kind you've grown up with and shared everything with right up to graduation! We had to use it as a middle name instead and come up with a new one.

Needless to say, after this experience, none my girlpack gave away baby names! We were all preggers about 3-6 months apart!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234