Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

painful hips???

carang is offline Registered User
    it is the ligaments stretching too much... for me could not have been prevented... especially as i had it with my last baby.

i am resting lots... only walking when i have to and it seems to be improving a little.

thanks! here's hoping not too many women have to put up with it!

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Hi Cara,

I really think it's worth seeking a second opinion from a different type of practitioner. My physio said the same thing to me, it would only get worse, all they could do was alleviate the pain slightly, etc. I decided to try chiro out of desperation, and hey presto I was 10 times better. Support garments also can help to stop the ligaments stretching too much.

Also pelvic floor exercises can help hold everything together - when I was in pain walking, the only thing that made it feel better was to concentrate on pulling pelvic floor up and sucking tummy in (pilates style exercise). I know your condition is different to mine, but maybe worth a try - I'm sure our second pregnancies are often tougher because core muscles and pelvic floor are weaker. Don't give up yet!

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Hi

I'm 5 months pregnant and suffering very badly with my hip - similar symptoms to what everyone mentioned here. Can't turn over in my sleep the pain is excrutiating. Also if I sit down for too long it ceases up and it's very hard to get up and walk, if I walk for too long it gets sore.

I know it's not sciatic pain becuase I had that earlier on and it's cleared up. I've been having massage but it seems to be aggravating it. My Dr suggested seeing a physio - just wondered if anyone had had any sucess and could recommend someone, either pysio or osteopath.

donkey is offline Registered User
    Nursie

Where can you find cranial osteopathy in Hong Kong? is it expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by nursie View Post
    Cara,

Seems that you could use cranial osteopathy. It helped me a lot during my last pregnancy. It's also a great preparation for birth. It does your body so much good! There's a great therapist at the vitality center in hk.

carang is offline Registered User
    NOTHING worked for me... i ended up in a wheelchair for 4 months of my 8 month pregnancy. one year later, i can walk, but for short periods of time. i will most likely have double hip surgery by april.

if your pain is like mine was, then there's not much that can help. mine, they found out later, was caused by a tearing of the cartilage around the hip socket. when you are pregnant, your joints loosen up dramatically. this meant that there was a lot more movement in the joint and the torn cartilage was getting pinned between the two bones of the joint. EXCRUCIATING!

for me, physio had no use whatsoever.

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Carang

I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult time and I hope your case is an exception rather than the norm. Sounds terrible!!

JennyB is offline Registered User
    You can also try a chiropractor if physio doesn't help. I posted above on that. My chiro said my sacroilliac joint (where the hips join the spine) had become jammed into the wrong position. It was really like a miracle cure for me. Everyone's body is different but it is worth trying everything if your pain is terrible! I used David Cosman (2975 4114).

There are also physios and physios. The physio who is best informed in HK about women's issues is Robin Kerr (2715 4577) - I have heard of her working miracles on people but her schedule is often fully booked.

mushi is offline Registered User

pelvic cramps

wow....feels good to know (sorry) that what i suffer from is not so alien....i am 8 months pregnant and i have horrible pain in my inner thighs and hips, something that is very difficult to pin-point at but yes walking, moving, is extremely difficult.....my doc suggested i go to a phisio but due to time constraints i did not do so......i had a nasty fall last week that shot up the pain but honestly after a day the overall pain is not so bad as before....thanks for the heating pad hint will try it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast