- 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM #17
my pain was very localised to the hip area, there was nothing around the thighs at all.
sorry that you are in so much pain. it's really awful and i feel for you!
- 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
- Hong Kong
there is no rason to be in so much pain. my hip pain started in my 6 month. i was referred to a physio, and after 2 visits i feel great improvement. could not sleep, my hip was so painful, walking was difficult. it spread to my things too because of the imbalance. an experienced physio dealing with pregnant ladies should be able to pick it up easily. my physio declared my pelvis was out of balance after tooching and feeling my lower back. my right hip was tilting forward, and all the muscles around were hard as stone but trying to compenste. at night it got worse, as the ligaments relax, and your new weight presses even more.
i can recommend physio in motion, 4th floor in the same building as Dr Lucy Lord at Duddell St. Her name is Abby, trained in the UK. 50 min appointment, 40 mins body work, 10 mins changing, costs HKD750. highly recommned it.
- 02-10-2008, 06:52 PM #19
anna, physio only works if the problem is with muscles etc.
not all problems are like that.
for me, the cartilage was/is torn around the hip joint. when i move a certain way, the ball pinches the cartilage and causes excruciating pain.
no amount of physio will help.
- By Tigerlily in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 01-18-2009, 02:20 AM
- By louisouis in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM
- By gerald in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:44 AM
- By BJMing in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 07-13-2007, 11:27 PM
- By sunrays in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 06-07-2007, 11:59 AM