Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

IP Cams / Surveillance Cameras at Home

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    WOW whats the world coming to?

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I am also thinking about installing a camera at home so that I can check out my baby at work, and his grandparents can see him via Internet coz they live overseas. Does anyone have any experience to share? Thanks!

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    I installed the Level One camera in our living room, which allows me to rotate the camera 360 degrees around and 180 degrees up and down. My in-laws look in on the website almost daily to see their beloved granddaughter. The camera provides great sound quality too. The only off side is that I have little privacy in the evenings when I get home and when I just want to crash in front of the TV! Having said that, you can easily put a paper cup over it.

I got it from this company who installed everything for me:-
    ????????

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I also have 2 level one cameras, one in the living room and one in the baby's room. this is not because i don't trust my helper but more i really enjoy being able to see my son when i'm at work, especially when i'm traveling for work and can't see him for a few days. it makes it feel much better. i got them at wanchai computer center for 1600 and installed them myself. it took a little bit of work to figure out installation, PM me if you want pointers.

Thanks for the info. So you can't turn off the Level One camera in the evening when you're at home at all?

To City_Jammer - so you bought in at the PTS website and had them install it for you?

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    I'm clueless when it comes to IT stuff, so I preferred to pay Peter at PTS to install and set up the website and the IP cam for me. I was advised not to turn off the IP cam as I might not be able to link up with the website again. I did turn it off a few times and ended up having to reboot everything (modem, router, IP cam) in order for the website to work again.
    It's a comfort to be able to see what my little one is doing at home while I'm at work. It has kept my helper in check. She didn't realized that we could hear her even if she took our baby back to the room and pretended that our baby was asleep. I could hear my little one crying for some attention while my helper was obviously ignoring her and chatting on the phone. We confronted her and she denied it to the teeth but she then realized we could hear very well on the IP cam, even if they were out of view.

Thanks! I'll look into PTS. Does anyone know whether PCCW offers similar service (for parents to see their babies via Internet when away from home)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12