Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

pregnancy and ovarian cyst

kityuen is offline Registered User

pregnancy and ovarian cyst

My doctor told me that i have an ovarian cyst (chocolate cyst), about 3cm, in right ovary. i have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months. does anyone know if the chance of getting pregnant is realy low as i have a 3cm chocolate cyst in one ovary? any commend? my doctor said the size is still small and i dont have to get it removed. any advice?

miaka is offline Registered User
    my mom had this and she was able to successfully carry me and my brother to term. she had hers removed after she had my bro. i think it's best to listen to your doctor and not be too anxious about it. just let things happen in a relaxed and natural setting. best of luck!

thank you

Miaka,

thank you. :bighug

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    3 cm isn't too big, and if the doctor isn't worried, then you probably shouldn't either. I would just be worried if it was causing you a lot of pain. When I was pg with my dd, I had a really big ovarian cyst, nearly 11cm at the largest part. I ended up having it removed when I was 13 wks pregnant because I was in constant pain. (It wasn't actually in my ovary, though, it was attached to my fallopian tube.) I didn't want to risk it rupturing. The rest of my pregnancy was fine, and my daughter was born perfectly healthy.

best of luck!
    All the best,
    Katie

Smile

Katie,

thanks. not painful at all, if not told by the doctor, i would not have thought about having the chocolate cyst at all. i thought pregnancy will reduce the size of chocolate cyst and it will finally disappear. so you got pregnant even when you had a chocolate cyst! 11 cm is realy large and i guess it made you suffer alot.

thanks for your message and wish you all the best too.

muffkitt is offline Registered User
    I had a friend who was trying to get pregnant and only when she removed her cysts (I think there were 3 of them) was she able to get pregnant. Anyway, I reckon you should listen to your doctor's advice as your cyst seems quite small. Good luck

bunintheoven is offline Registered User
    I had a chocolate cyst last year - a little larger than yours and was recommended by my doctor to have it removed as I had been trying to conceive for over a year. I never knew I had it and didn't have any pain. After it was removed I got pregnant the following month.

SoLong is offline Registered User
    My doctor had said that ovarian cysts (when small) are not a hurdle for conception. Either it would dissolve on its own during pregnancy or it can be removed when you deliver. I on the other hand had a blocked fallopian tube as well. So I unwent a surgery to have everything fixed. And now I am pregnant with a baby boy! :)
    Since you have the cyst on only one ovary, you will get pregnant eventually. Hope you don't have pain, though.
    :cheerlead Almost time!!!!!!