Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Immunity

engee is offline Registered User

Immunity

Dear Moms,

My son is now 2yrs and 2months old.Of late he has frequent runny nose and flu (due to the sudden climatic chages).

I wonder if there are some supplements that increase immunity.

I usually give him soup(goat ,chicken stalk +veggies) on alternate days as well as vitamin syrup.All other protiens and nutrients are included in his food.

What else shud i do?

Please do reply,momies!

Thanku so much!
    engee

joannek is offline Registered User
    there is sth called echinacea herbal supplements (by herbs for kids) that are sold in Integrated Medical institute (imi.com.hk) or healthquest in citysuper cwb or happy valley. some of my friends swear by them. i also give them to my baby when she's been exposed to someone who has a flu, it seems to help.

engee is offline Registered User
    Hey Joanne

Thanku for ur reply.
    Is there anythn else i need to know abt the herbal supplements?

How abt cod liver oil?

Thanx a lot Joanne.

engee

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    They also make something called "Airborn" for children. Supposed to take it at the first sign of illness. Might try GNC or a Watsons for it.

pratikcha is offline Registered User
    hi
    who can help me my daughter just started her school, her pedi suggest me to give her flu vaccine and i did, but she is always get sick it looks like vaccine didn't help her so any supplement to increase immunity for everyday use

thank

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Should probably check with a doctor before giving a child any preventative supplements because you will be taking them daily for months. Not many studies done on the effects of medical drugs on children, let alone supplements.
    Popular ones for adults are large doses of vitamin C and zinc, plus the above, and don't forget tea--white is supposed to be best. And if you already have the cold, and are looking for something completely different, try andrographis (its Indian), eleuthero/Siberian Ginseng and beta-glucan (Chinese).

Scroll to top