Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Earth's Best Organic & Healthy Times Baby Food

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Earth's Best Organic & Healthy Times Baby Food

Just as we decided to start our 5 month old on solids, and before I was able to do a bit of research on types/brands of rice cereal to start him off with, my husband got so excited he came home with a box of Heinz Chinese Yam and Barley Rice Cereal the next day. He said it was a new product and thought Heinz is a well known brand so he wanted me to try it out. I'm not saying that it isn't any good but I had my mind set on trying either Earth's Best Organic or Healthy Times. Anyway, my husband was totally convinced that he made the right choice coz our son loved every spoon of it and couldn't get enough. Nevertheless, that won't stop me from doing my own research Wondering if anyone has given their LO either one or both and what are your comments. Ta!

kashismum is offline Registered User

Earth's Best is available in PnS - I've also seen Healthy Times around - can't remember exactly where.
    I've not tried Heinz. The packet I picked up had loads of sugar in it so I put it straight back down.
    B2B have some other brands of baby rice - Hipp was a hit w/my little one before I started making my own. I got Ruth Yaron's 'Super Baby Food' book and hardly use the jarred food at all. Much cheaper!

joannek is offline Registered User

i wouldn't use Heinz cos of the additives they put in. i usually choose from reading labels, not only reading the packages. you do learn a lot about food companies by reading the labels (ingredients label). anything with numbers in them are no good (neither is hydrogented oil, artificial flavors, corn syrup, etc). also reading nutrient labels help. babies actually don't know what's good for them. i swear of you give him white sugar mix with rice everyday, he'll chomp it down in no time. i try to give my baby something that taste good & also healthy & natural. but aren't we all trying to do that?!

joannek is offline Registered User

plus there are also a lot of feeding baby first food threads here in the forum. i used hipp organic rice cereal (cos there's only rice in it, not even added vitamins or fortified), with bm, mixed with steamed apples or bananas or steam pear. if you wanna give your baby yam, i think steaming a real yam & add it to rice cereal is better than giving him yam flavored rice cereal.

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Thanks for the advice! I'm not too fond of Heinz actually, I tried it myself and it was super sweet...loaded with sugar for sure. My LO is only 5 months now so I suppose I still have time to explore all the options available. I will eventually make congee for him but probably at a later stage when he's ok with solids. Rice cereal seems like an ideal first solid, so will prob try Earth's Best first. Ta!

waiwaiber is offline Registered User

my paed suggests healthy times though i heard from my friends that earth best is least sweet

mocha is offline Registered User

i never try Heinz or nestal local,, as they were produced in mainland china...

I try Organix and Healthy times.. and Heinz baby rice fr England also ok...

however, for the real food, as i cannot turst the food fr China. so i now mainly give the heinz bottle food fr Australia.. i occasionally will give real food like.. australian imported frest carrot/tomato Kiwi imported apple/avocado...
    it is really expensive to buy imported stuff.. however, i have no choice.. as i think it is very important in term of food safety for a baby before 1.