Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby given Multivitamin

Hooi Nee is offline Registered User

Baby given Multivitamin

hi,
    My baby is 5 months old and the dr prescribe multivitamin. I would like to know is it safe or normal for young babies to take multivitamin. Or is it better to wait till they are 1 year old?
    What are the good brands of multivitamin?
    tks,HN

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Our doctor insisted on Poly-vi-sol. We even asked to change because the baby hates the taste. I can tell from the smell that it doesn't taste good.
    Seems to be a normal occurence. Our doctor said it was for vitamin D, which the baby can not get from breastmilk (or doesn't get enough of); maybe iron also? I forget. Comes in an eye-dropper and you squeeze it into his mouth and then hope he swallows.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    My son's pediatrician prescribed polyvisol with Iron when my son was about 4 months old for Anemia. Just make sure to brush baby's teeth (if any) right after because my son's teeth are badly stained because I was not aware of the stain factor and did not brush teeth right away.

msmslau is offline Registered User
    my daughter took the Polyvisol from birth till 9 mths for iron. seems fine to me. she does not take any multi-vitamin anymore.

Scroll to top