Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

helphelp~baby formula

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

helphelp~baby formula

Iam writing again, I really need a help.

I give my baby Similac, but Similac in HOngkong is quiet different from the US.
    I never heard of GAin Advance in US, but it;s from 6 months old, then Do I have to switch Similac Advance to Gain Advance if my baby is over 6 months?
    ANd I heard SImilac adds more sugar or some sweet additices to asian countries, does anyone get similac from US or other countries?

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    What makes the HK Similac different from the US Similac? Just those taste additives?

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    I experienced the same confusion with the baby formula. I've chosen Enfamil by MeadJohnson for my baby since that's what's worked for the kids in my family. The US formula is good from 0-12 months while the Enfamil here has 4 steps (4 different cans) during the first 12 months.

I'm just sticking to what I know and importing the Enfamil. It's cheaper to import it than to purchase from CitySuper.

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

thank you!

My korean friend told me that it was on the news that "Gain Advance" has a kinda sweet addtivies, but not found on the products directly came from the US.

I decided to stick with Similac Advance till 12 months. thank you for information.

carmenwong is offline Registered User
    If you're concern about the sweet additives, you may consider Snow Brand, I think they have the less sweet additives when compare.

icecube is offline Registered User
    No wonder my baby didn't like the milk very much after I switched to GainAdvance. But I compared the ingredients to find that there is more calcium and protein in Gain, but more fat in Similac.
    And the schedule on the Similac can advises to take in 8oz for over 6mth, but only 6oz for Gain. I m a bit confused too.

mywing is offline Registered User
    Hi SyL,

Do you know how I may import Enfamil? My baby's almost 4 months old now and taking Enfamil but I was using Enfalac (same manufacturer but different brand name) during her first month, when I delivered her overseas.

Would you be able to let me know how you import the milk formula to Hong Kong?

Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by SyL
    I experienced the same confusion with the baby formula. I've chosen Enfamil by MeadJohnson for my baby since that's what's worked for the kids in my family. The US formula is good from 0-12 months while the Enfamil here has 4 steps (4 different cans) during the first 12 months.

I'm just sticking to what I know and importing the Enfamil. It's cheaper to import it than to purchase from CitySuper.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    It is all market needs. Around thirteen years ago, Wyeth lauched a follow on formula called Progress(Step 3) in HK and was a huge success, therefore every company change their stragety.
    I just got back from US, I compared the ingredient of Lipil with iron in US and Enfamil infant formula(A+) in HK, in fact they are very very close, only few trace elements have a little bit different. Therefore Enfamil infant formula sells in HK is good until 12 months too. I also compared the price for the powder,(in US they also carry liquid), they are very close. My LO who is 6.5months didn't seems to have any problem switched back and for.
    Don't try to import milk products on your own into HK by normal shippment method. The humidity is very important, there are strict regulations for companies to complied espically for infant formula.
    Try to purchase those brand that have official distributor in HK, otherwise if anything goes wrong the manufacturer will take no responsibility.
    Bear Lau: