Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Strollers

jaetee is offline Registered User

Strollers

I am trying to find a stroller that is affordable and functional (alas I cannot afford the Bugaboos, though they look so fab!) and was looking at Gracos and Combis -

1) Where in HK is the best place to buy these strollers in terms of selection and price- would it just be Toys R Us??

2) If Graco and Combi are not recommended, is there another brand/style you would recommend that would be:
    - easy to fold
    - fully reclines yet can be used until the baby is a toddler
    - reasonably priced (US$200)

Thanks so so much. :)

(Many apologies if this repeats a bit of a general/longer post I wrote earlier this week about general baby gear.)
    Last edited by jaetee; 09-28-2006 at 04:24 PM.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i did a bit of research before buying mine - Graco. according to my research the peg perego & graco are the same as in functionality, a bit bulky though. i love the 2 cup holders at the back, the cup holder in front for the baby (toddler actually) quite wide & comfy. very sturdy - we've been travelling to Japan, London, Europe, Canada with it. it lasted all these trips, plus tons of shopping hanging onto the handles (i bought some hooks), big basket underneath. baby can sleep, change diaper in it. it's cheapest at Eugene. i tried out all the strollers at Mothercare & B2B, better at B2B, cos i spent 30mins, opening & closing each stroller to my heart's content & nobody mind me. the only down side is, when closing sometimes the wheels get stuck. but it's a one hand mechanism.

the other one that is good after my extensive research is the maclaren xt. i didn't like it cos i cannot hang anything on it (it will topple over), no cup holders, and small basket underneath. but it's really light & easy to fold up, doesn't take up much space in the trunk.

happy shopping!

oh, and my husband said, of ALL the things i bought for my daughter, the stroller is defintely my best investment.

jaetee is offline Registered User
    joannek,
    brilliant, thanks so much. can you tell me (via pm if you want) which graco model you ended up buying??

thanks again - i really appreciate it, especially since i will have to be travelling a lot with the baby back to the US.

:)

and comfort is another factor. the one that i bought from graco is quite comfy. my 19mth still likes sitting in it. my friends who bought the maclaren techno xt said their kids don't like to sit in the stroller. i don't know whether it's cos the techno xt is not comfy or it depends on the child.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Are selection/price better in the US?

odm_post is offline Registered User
    I'd recommend a Graco EDT as other models (of Graco) are quite bulky. Never had problems with the wheels while folding. The part I like most is its one-hand-folding (no need to bend down as in Maclaren) and its weight (only 3,5kg). Oh.... and it's also very easy to manouver. In short, I love my Graco EDT. Not sure how useful would those cupholders be 'cause EDT doesn't have one, but I don't miss it :)

Don't buy Peg Perego!!!! Had it only for a few months before switching to Graco. It's bulky, difficult to fold and manouver - somehow the front wheels always get blocked. My MIL actually tripped and sprained her ankle because of this problem

joannek already mentioned all the places where you can find Graco.

Good Luck!

odm_post is offline Registered User
    Oh and yes..... my husband also said the same thing (about our Graco EDT) as joannek's

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast