Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rumpus Rooms

Keryn is offline Registered User
    Sorry, forgot to say that Socca Tots and Gym for Tots are run by the YWCA in Central.

sunnyday is offline Registered User
    there's also little gym in tsimshastui and i think there's a new one called JWT gym, not sure where it is located though

cristletips is offline Registered User
    I've been looking for places to go to let my baby just "play". For me, $120 is too much. I'd be willing to pay $50-60 to just hang out somewhere and play with toys.
    You never know how long you'd be there depending on the mood of the child. COuld be 15 minutes or 2 hours.

I also need to find someplace flexible since I work on call. Most places in HK aren't flexible enough such as My Gym. If you miss a class, there aren't that many make up classes available, and they might be full.

The time I went to Central Library was a big joke. The 'quota" was full even though there were no babies in the baby area.

Bizeemama is offline Registered User
    I noticed some chat about the Happy Valley Community Centre on another site.
    Not sure as I have not been but may offer the drop in free play you are after. They mentioned soft play equipment and toys.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizeemama
    I noticed some chat about the Happy Valley Community Centre on another site.
    Not sure as I have not been but may offer the drop in free play you are after. They mentioned soft play equipment and toys.
    Here's a list of free indoor playrooms run by the Govt.

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/ls_fac_playroom.php

They are quite basic and nowhere as nice as Rumpus Rooms. Also, there aren't any educational toys.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

kashismum is offline Registered User
    The Central Toy Library in C.Bay can be extremely frustrating but once you learn to navigate the system, it's actually OK. Once you get booking, you can generally book a slot for the following week on your way in/out. It's not ideal but it's convenient for me and it is free.
    The most frustrating part is the pseudo division of babies and children yet one central booking system. Also, the sessions are a bit short at 45 mins but we usually pop across to the park for some swinging before heading home.

eos
    eos is offline Registered User

more rumpus?

Hello all

I think The Rumpus Rooms are great - good value, you can spend lots of time there, you are never hurried out, you can meet up with friends easily or just sit and read a magazine.

In fact, any chance of opening another one Tanya, say in Pokfulam or Repulse Bay?!!!!

eos

DTHY is offline Registered User

How about a Rumpus Room is Sai Kung?

I agree with eos...or how about in Sai Kung? There are a lot of babies and toddlers in Sai Kung, but just not enough baby/toddler and parent friendly facilities. The playgrounds here are built for older kids and we are stuck at home if the it rains, or if the weather is too hot/cold...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast