Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Last meal before bed

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Last meal before bed

What do you usually feed your toddler before bedtime? I still give my 3.5 yr old son milk, then brush teeth & bed around 7:45ish. I'm wondering if he needs something more filling since he wakes up in the morning and asks for milk right away (around 6 am, so does that mean hunger is waking him up?)

msmslau is offline Registered User

your toddler is a good sleeper! that's great. if your son's weight is normal for his age, then i won't worry too much. but i know some moms do feed their tods yogurt smoothie before bedtime. if you wish, blend in some avocado or banana. it will surely fill him up!

loraine is offline Registered User

I'm the same, my 3 year old asks for milk as soon as he awakes. I don't think he is hungry, I think its a combination of thirst and habit, plus he likes milk. But I don'tthink its a problem. We used to give him his tea at 6pm thinking he woke up early due to hunger, but now he has tea at 5-5:15pm (then milk before bedtime), and he still wakes up at the same time.

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Thanks for the reassurance ladies, I was just curious since he started asking for his morning milk after he was sick for a spell, & we travelled overseas, since then he has reverted to wanting that milk instead of waiting to eat breakfast. Guess he's a growing boy.