Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you have PUPPP during your pregnancy? If yes, were you carrying a boy or girl?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone had PUPPP while pregnant?

simplydeelytz is offline Registered User

Unhappy

DTHY,

Thanks for the information. I will consult my doctor if it's safe for me and the baby and I will surely try Calamine lotion. I just hope that like in your place, it can also be bought here over the counter. I haven't slept last night and I took a day off from work again b/c of lack of sleep but I can't sleep right now b/c of the itchiness again. Whenever I think about how long I will endure this dilemma it just makes me cry and depressed. I feel so awful. I just put some ice pack over my skin just to relieve a lil itchiness that's why I was able to use the computer now. I just hope I can find a remedy that will give me relief longer than what I am using right now.

BTW, does PUPPP really strike mostly in the evening? I just noticed that my skin and the papules are more itchy in the evening than in the morning.

Bear Lau,

What does both worked for you? The Rainier Soapworks PUPPP relief and the Calamine lotion? If you tried Rainier's soap and cream for PUPPP does it really works? I am planning to order and try it soon, if Calamine doesn't work for me. I heard from my OB and some other ladies who had PUPPP that most likely you will not have PUPPP on your subsequent pregnancies. Normally it occurs during and only in your first pregnancy but of course there are some/few who experience PUPPP even in their subsequent pregnancies but I heard it's rare. Around 1% possibility, I think. I just hope you will never go through this again, this is such a tiresome and depressing experience. Good luck!

DTHY is offline Registered User
    simplydeelytz: I think Calamine lotion gave a longer relief (~2 hrs) than the PUPPP soap. The PUPPP soap gives a slight cooling sensation when you are using it and you'll feel refreshed and crisped after. Also remember to take cool/warm showers instead of hot showers. The hot water would just escalate the itchiness.

I think the itchiness is worse during the night because when you are out and about during the day, your mind is mostly off from thinking about it. At night, you tend to feel it more because you are relaxed and more focused on yourself...

Bear Lau: I hope it doesn't happen again! We are planning for No. 2 as well! :o)

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

DTHY,

Both the lotion and the soap my dermatologist gave me works. Never tried Calamine lotion.

I also hope it won't happen to me again. Good luck to all of us.

Bear Lau:

Query is offline Registered User

using stretchmark creams whilst having rashes on belly

I have rashes on my belly and thighs and when I went to see the dermatologists, he said it may have been caused by the stretchmark creams I have been using (for only a week) and discouraged me from further using it. Anyone heard the same or can give any advice?

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Hi Query,
    My dermatologist also asked me how long did I used the stretchmark cream when I first went to see him, but after I told him that I had been using it for more than 10 weeks, he then think its quite impossible.
    Since he also asked this question, may be that can be a cause. How long you have been using the cream ?

Bear Lau:

Dear Query,

How far along are you? Have you stopped using the cream? Still have the rash? I hope it's only an allergy and not PUPPP...

hermoine is offline Registered User

Itchy Cream

I had a very severe form of that itchiness during the last trimester of my last pregnancy, and have tried everything and nothing worked. In the end, I had to deliver my baby a bit earlier.

Girls, can you tell me which stretch cream you used which you suspected is the culprit? I used Mothercare ones during my last preganancy and will avoid using that brand this time round.

On the flip side. Which brand is good?

Although the cause of PUPPP is still a unknown, I don't think it's the cream that caused it. I had been using Jurlique's Hops Lotion w/ carrier oil since I was 3 months pregnant with my boy and the rash didn't appear until I was 7 months along and it lasted for 6 weeks.

I didn't get any stretch marks. From what I have read, it's genetics. My mom didn't have them either. But then since the weather has been so dry lately, there is no harm in moisturizing the stretched skin. If you are really sensitive, try olive oil.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast