Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you have PUPPP during your pregnancy? If yes, were you carrying a boy or girl?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Anyone had PUPPP while pregnant?

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

Wink

if u haven't been prescribed piriton for colds/allergy during ur pregnancy before, ask ur OB if it's ok to take some. it worked for me and i didn't even have to take it 3 times a day, only once at night before i slept. at least u get a good nites sleep and only worry about the itching during the day after the piriton wears out!

good luck... (my PUPPP went away after about 10 days)

lydia is offline Registered User

Maybe you would like to check out this product line available in MANNINGS (branches that have pharmacy).

http://www.homepharmacy.com.au/produ...ucts_view.cfm?
    ProductID=1247

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I have allergies since 2002 when I move to HK. (except the time when I am pregnant with my girl). When I am at the baby fair this year, I am introduced to DermaVeen. My itching condition improve very much, since I start using the Soap Free Wash. (Though I still need to watch out that I do not eat things with nuts). Hope this product could help you.

: )

cxflygirl is offline Registered User

I had terrible itching which started around 30 weeks on my chest, back, arms. I used dermaveen & sativa products and you can get the whole range from Fanda just below World wide house.. I also used prickly heat powder which helps alot.

Becca is offline Registered User

Hi!
    I had PUPPS in my last trimester of pregnancy.
    I itched and scratched like no tomorrow!! No calamine lotion or any lotion (E45) would help.
    Had no sleep whatsoever ( or whatever little sleep I would get - between going to pee a gzillion times , baby kicking and discomfort from baby bearing down- was gone!)

HOWEVER, there is help!
    I was hospitalised as they thought it was something more severe and related to pregnancy . It's a liver disease called CHOLESTASIS. ( Incidentally, do get this checked as the symptoms are very similar to PUPPS and could get misdiagnosed)

Anyway, fortunately it wasnt. The upside of it was,
    whilst in the hospital, the doctors ( UK doctors) prescibed PIRITON - which is an allergy drug for things like hayfever. It was safe to consume during pregnancy and really helped in relieving the itching.
    I EVEN MANAGED TO GET SOME SLEEP!!

Hope this helps.
    Not sure if you can find piriton in HK but am sure you can google or ask your gynae.

Oh!- The scars from PUPPS faded eventually after some time after birth... so no worries about bikini days after!!
    x

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

yes - my ob prescribed piriton too - my dose was one pill, three times a day, is safe for pregnant mums and it is available at most pharmacies in hk.

however, i only took one pill at night before sleeping and for me, the pill only wore out towards evening the next day so i didn't need to take 3 every day! i have pupps for about 3 weeks during the last month or so of my 3rd pregnancy.

ahchungma is offline Registered User

I did have PUPPP when I was pregnant with my daughter. I started having it around 30th week and throughout nearly the rest of the pregnancy. It was very itchy and with the papules all around my belly only. Though my obstetrician said it was a viral infection, I still thought it was PUPPP and I just tried some oatmeal bathing gel and calamine lotion. And Calamine lotion did have a little relief but I needed to use quite alot with it. But anyway, Calamine lotion is safe to use. It suddenly subsided just a few days before the delivery.

solidstars is offline Registered User

my husband kept saying it was the food i ate and today i couldn't stand the itching anymore and went online and searched it and i think i've got PUPPP too AM DYING TO ITCH AND SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first thing tomorrow i'm going to get calamine lotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicalmama is offline Registered User

I was listening to a Pregtastic podcast and they covered the issue about PUPPS. I agree with the rest that Calamine lotion is highly recommended. I heard from the podcast that this is typical for moms with baby boys...though I saw in the poll that moms with baby girls can have them too.

I hope you'll feel better soon. Good luck on your pregnancy!

Michelle
    Baby, Children, Maternity, Family Photographer
    Welcome to Garthe Photo Arts, Hong Kong
    on summer sale!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast