Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Many Days Overdue Were You?

Bets is offline Registered User

How Many Days Overdue Were You?

I am now one week overdue with baby #1. I am still waiting patiently, but curious to learn how far overdue any of you ladies went.

Thanks!

xox
    xox is offline Registered User

Hi there Bets,
    DOn't worry about it..... hang in there. I'm sure you're quite anxious now, but enjoy the sleep and relaxation while you can!
    Take care,
    xox

rani is offline Administrator

Bets,

I was about a week overdue. The bloody show for me was like a period. I got it on a Friday morning. Met my expectant Moms group for lunch in Soho, and then walked down to Central to see my Dr. He confirmed it was the first signs of labor, but wanted me to wait until my water broke. This happened on Sunday morning around 7am. Called my Dr, had a shower, ate breakfast and went to the hospital.

Hang in there.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sunrays is offline Registered User

Hi Bets,

I know my mum was overdue with all three of us so I would not have expected to go early. Although I'm sure it must be getting frustrating for you now, it's not long to go now, hang in there.

Take care
    Sunrays

kashismum is offline Registered User

I was a week over. Doctors here are reluctant to let you go more than a week and a half, though two weeks is normal in the UK & Australia.

usfret is offline Registered User

Hi Bets,

I was 10 days overdue. I was asked to show up at the hospital at the end of the week and for three days the Doctors tried to induce labour. Finally, on the 10th day I had my waters broken artificially and labour was induced via drip.

I didn't take any drugs - no gas or epidural and after 11.5 hours of being induced I had a NORMAL and Natural delivery with a lovely healthy baby boy.

So don't worry. Just trust the doctors and all will be well.

capital is offline Banned

10 days, then I was induced for being overdue, which is the norm in canada. I was close though as was starting to have some bloody show the 2 days previous.

JennyB is offline Registered User

5 days overdue with first, 4 days with second, although I prefer not to use the term "overdue" because that implies there is something wrong if your baby does not arrive by the EDD which stands for "estimated date of delivery", not "expected by..."

I found staff at the Tsan Yuk surprised that I did not want to be scheduled for an early induction - I guess a lot of patients ask for that, perhaps due to their short maternity leave. So if you want to let nature take its course, doctors may be surprised, but that doesn't mean anything is wrong with your choice. Just try and relaaaaxxx, as tension can inhibit the oxytocin hormone which brings on labour! Massage, sex, anything you can think of...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast