Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Matilda and Adventist - costs

peainpod is offline Registered User
    For us, we had budgeted for the $130K so no surprises there. What threw our budget out of whack was that I had to check back into the Matilda 2 days after leaving - as our baby's jaundice level was high enough to need phototherapy.

For the 2 days I spent with bubs in the paediatric ward (I was breastfeeding so I needed to room in with the baby for the 24-hr phototherapy), we spent over HK$20K for 2 nights in a private room there. (To be fair, 50% of the cost was actually the paediatrician's fees for visiting us there daily.)

Also the paediatric ward (2/F) is nowhere as nice as the maternity ward - even though the room is technically similar, the quality of the nursing staff and general atmosphere is not the same at all!

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Matilda cost us HK$170,000 including everything.. worth every penny

Gumboots is offline Registered User

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for your responses Vegemitekid and Peainpod - I'm feeling relieved I haven't missed anything huge :) I hadn't fully appreciated how much a c-section could add to the cost of delivery etc.

Very happy to hear that even at their busiest, the Matilda was a good place to deliver - and mums weren't turned away... just queued up!!

Peainpod - I hope bubs is feeling all better now. I've done my sums but, like you, at the end of the day we'll spend whatever we need to for the little one to be well.

Thanks again!

cheers

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    thanks for the heads up Gum.

I am delivering at the matilda as well. Whilst i havent done all my sums, I have in my head that normal birth using shared room is around 75k. if c section, add 35k. given this, happy with Vegemitekid's reply and hope that all is well.

Peainpod, hope all is well your end now days.

take care, trace

cheriebuzz is offline Registered User
    catch water: Thanks so much for your information! i didnt know that the room is based on the availability upon admission i thought it can be booked!!! i am also due in september and will deliver at adventise, is there anything eles i missed out???

cheers!

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Gumboots & Tracey Nicole: Thanks for your concern. Bubs is doing great! The phototherapy did the trick and from week 2, he "woke up" and started nursing enthusiastically. He is now 3-1/2 months old, and in the top 95-percentile for weight and height!

Matilda really is the best place to deliver in HK. I have such great memories of my first days as a new mom there. I'm sure you both will have fantastic birthing experiences there. Good luck with everything!

JoTs is offline Registered User
    I gave birth at Matilda in March - total bill as we left was $127,000 - emergency c-section and private room. We have insurance which covered this, so we didn't order any extra food or anything.

I can't recommend Matilda enough. This is my second child, my first was in the UK on the public system - Matilda just doesn't compare. My stay was so amazing, I didn't want to leave! the staff were so helpful and I really felt like they cared so much. I was rested and happy when I left - v unlike my first birth, where I was a mess.

They were hardly any Mum's there during my first few days, but even when it got really busy towards the end of my stay, it was great.

Wish I could go back, the food was amazing!!!

shoni is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

I have just found out at 36+ that baby managed to 'disengage' and is now breach!!! Am booked in for a C section at Matilda on the 15th July (hoping to turn baby first though). Can anyone help me with costs for C section? I have all of the fees but need to know the details like, do you pay extra for the anaethetist and epi / spine block or is this included in the extra cost of C section? Do you have to pay extra for the theatre or, again, is this included in the extra cost of the C section?

How often did your doctor / pediatrician visit - daily or twice out of a three day stay (4/5 day stay?).

Any other 'hidden' costs that they allege not to have?

We do not have insurance and were stretching ourselves with a normal birth at Matilda so now worried about all the extra costs of a C section.

I have to say we REALLY cannot afford HKD170,000!

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast