Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Air Travel with or without carseat?

capital is offline Banned
    the bassinette is only for small infants, you definatly cannot put a 2 year old in one, in fact I thought once your child could sit you couldn't use them

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by capital
    the bassinette is only for small infants, you definatly cannot put a 2 year old in one, in fact I thought once your child could sit you couldn't use them
    Oops, you are correct. They are small and you would never get a 2 year old in one.

jubee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all your replies! We've always booked a seat for the little guy (we've done 3 trans-Pacific flights now) and have used his carseat, I was just wondering about your experiences if you didn't bring the carseat.

We have a spare carseat in the US already, so that wouldn't be an issue. It just seems like the last few trips I've taken, we are the only family using a carseat. (which, I think for my sanity, it would be better because bubs is such an active fellow)

Sleuth - your carseat-stroller sounds like a great alternative, since I do bring his stroller with us each time. Where did you get it? I have also seen a stroller attachment I can add to the carseat to convert it to a stroller. I should revisit that.

loraine is offline Registered User
    For babies / children UNDER 2 years of age: if you travel with British Airways, you can have a seat attached to the bassinet stand instead of using a crib. We used this for our son from 3 months all the way till he was 2 (when we had to pay for his seat). Its like sitting in a car seat but you don't have to pay for an extra seat. Best to book it in advance though!

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    jubee, can you tell me more about the stroller attachment that can be attached to the carseat. thx.

Jubee,
    Ours is called a Sit-N-Stroll and we got it at Target in the US. The wheels fold into the base of the car seat and it can be done by one person. The handle telescopes up and down, so when you want it to be a stroller, you pull the wheels out and the handle up and you are ready to go. It is perfect for airports and malls, not too bad on streets and sidewalks. Wouldn't be good for really uneven terrain as the wheels just aren't big enough.

jubee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the info Sleuth. Do you remember how much you paid for it? If it's cheaper than the car seat attachment, maybe I'll get the Sit-n-Stroll instead. (the seat attachment is about $90 USD but you have to add tax and possible shipping etc)

mrs momo - here is the info on the stroller attachment:
    http://www.gogobabyz.com/products/gogo_kids.html

Click on the carseat list to show a list of compatible carseats.

We paid a little less than US$200.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast