Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Air Travel with or without carseat?

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User
    WanChai, HK
    One of my friends just got this to fly with her two year old. It looks pretty neat!

We have a Sit n Stroll and love it, but my daughter, at 16 months, is 28 pounds and I'm wondering when she'll be too big for it, just in terms of comfort. She fits in the stroller/seat itself fine, but if you were to put a big 2 year old and the Sit n Stroll in a coach airplane seat it could be a bit crowded to the point of being uncomfortable.

Tisha is offline Registered User
    Another thing you may want to get is the Joeysafe.

I am not sure if the specific airline you are flying with will approve it, but it certainly beats the child seatbelts they give! I've used it several times on Singapore Airlines and Eva Air. Has worked well as the Joeysafe comes with a 5 point safety harness which is pretty snug. I usually put them on my kids even before leaving the house as the ride to the airport is pretty long. My 2 and 3 year old are used to it now and it makes even taxi rides so much safer!

I am not sure where you can purchase them in HKG but worth taking a look at their website.

capital is offline Banned
    what is the child seat belt like on a plane? Do most carriers have this? we recently flew domestic with air cananda and were not give a child seat belt, of course he undid the regular one all the itme and didn't want to sit still (2.5) and it was only a 1.5 hour flight? I'm thinking for our trip to hong kong we will have to bring the car seat just to keep him contained.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123