Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tutor time?Kingston?

Leeah's mom is offline Registered User

Tutor time?Kingston?

HI, everyone,

does anyone know much about tutor time?
    I heard they have a class from 6months, I checked their websites , but there's no timetables or schedules for those kids.
    Do I have to call and ask them????

And How about Kingston? Does anyone know much about it?

I am thinking of going back to work when my babygirl becomes 1 yr old, so wants her to go playgroups and meet somefriends,
    during the day, she only stays with me, so I am very worried about her. I heard kids who only stay with their moms don't want to be separated from their moms.
    help me out moms~!

or pls recommend any preschools in NT.thank you

gigi is offline Registered User
    Hi, Leeah's mom,

I also live in N.T. but as far as I know, there isn't much choice around the area. There is one preschool called Earlybirds Community Playgroups which is located near Lam Tsuen, Tai Po. If you don't mind travelling a bit further, there are a few playgroups at Metropolis Mall (Hunghom) or you can try the one at YMCA (TST). There is also Kindermusik by Catherine and the class takes place at Kid's Gallery in Kowloon Tong.

thank you^^ it's so hard to find preschool in N.T.

Unix is offline Registered User
    Dear Leeah's mom,

As far as I know, there are a few playgroups for preschoolers within Shatin district, but of course mom still need to be with the child at the playgroups, see whether they fit you and your child:

Some nearby Shatin New Town Plaza (from my notes, I just wrote down the tel nos. can't remeber the playgroups names):
    1. Tel: 2695 4422 (Wai Wah Centre)
    2. Tel: 8105 8686
    3. Tel: 2699 3587 (Hilton Centre)
    4. Tel: 2606 3933 (Wai Wah Centre)
    Cityone C & E Kindergarten & Nursery: Tel: 2647 3760
    Jubilee: Tel:2697 3232

hkmoths is offline Registered User
    Dear Leeah's mom,

Kids under three years old attending Earlybirds Community Playgroups would need to be accompanied by a parent, carer or helper. ECP is also an English language pre-school.
    More information can be found from their website http://www.freewebs.com/earlybirdsplaygroups/

carang is offline Registered User
    every playgroup for a child under two needs to have a parent or helper. (at least that's my understanding of the law). can you imagine the poor teacher trying to run after 8 children all learning to walk? that's a recipe for disaster!

Bizeemama is offline Registered User
    Actually all children must be accompanied by a carer at any playgroup under the age of three. If they are left at a nursery or playgroup without a parent and the particular premises in NOT registered with the social welfare department, it is in breech of the social welfare ordinance and breaking the law - no ifs or buts, it is clear cut.
    Over three, the children fall under the catagory of EMB and uless it is a registered school no group of 8 or more children should be in one place undergoing any type of activity, be it gym, sport or tutoring, arts craft anything. If more than 7 children gather in a non registered institution (home or commercial premises) the law is being broken.
    EMB constantly receive complaints and "dob ins" normally from competing organizations. The penalties for operators are stong and clear.