Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cantonese Lessons for Kids

Seed is offline Registered User

Cantonese Lessons for Kids

Does anyone know a Cantonese class for foreign kids? I live in Shatin,N.T.with a 4year-old boy.He is in an International School but most of the classmates are HK Chinese.During recess they play in Cantonese.My son speaks English well but can't speak Cantonese at all.

Felicia Soh is offline Registered User

My son, (7years old) is having Cantonese private tuition at home once a week, the teacher is from HKLLC (HongKong Language Learning Centre, Tel : 2385-5331). I'd like my younger son (18months) to learn as well, but after checking, need to bring him over to the centre, so pending at the moment for I think I'll do it when he's 2 years old. You may try to contact HKLLC to check furthur.

partita932 is offline Registered User

I was born in Hong Kong and was educated in the U.K. I'm a qualified Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. So, I may well teach the other way round.

If you consider private tuition at home, I am happy to help. You may write to me: [email protected]

Twinsmammie is offline Registered User

You can try Wider World Workshop (www.wwwedu.com.hk) which runs language courses incl cantonese mainly at ESF's campuses.

Seed is offline Registered User

Thank you for your concern to us. Considering this topic,I decided to let him join a sports club in Cantonese .First I asked a local football team(HKFA)but under 6year-old children can't join them. Later I found a Gymnastic club in Sham Shui Po("Talent Sports";2720-9469).They accept children from 4year-old. I hope my son enojoying Gymnastics as well as learning Cantonese naturally. Anyway thank you everyone!