Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arm's reach Co-sleeper (bedside sleeper)

lunita is offline Registered User

Arm's reach Co-sleeper (bedside sleeper)

Does anyone know if I can buy an Arm's reach Co-sleeper in Hong Kong (New or used) ? I am looking for the MINI since our place is quiet small. The only option is ship it from Singapore or USA.

Bizeemama is offline Registered User
    Hi Lunita,
    Unless things have changed in the past few months they are impossible to get in HK unless you pick one up on a trading post.
    I tried twice and each time missed out with the seller telling me that they had received many calls for the sleeper!
    We ended up adapting our large wooden cot into a co sleeper, we do have a very large room though.
    The mini would be an excellent option if you are pushed for space.
    Good luck and if you see one advertised snap it up quickly, otherwise I am afraid you will need to get it from Singapore as the US would not post to HK when I enquired.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I wanted one of these when my last daughter was born but found it impossible to get in Hong Kong. In the end I bought a mattress from Mothercare and took the photo of the Arm’s Reach Cot to a carpenter and he made me a made to measure one out of wood. It worked very well and I was happier with it than the original because my daughter was able to use it after she was six months with no problems. Remember that you need somewhere on the cot to tie it to your bed so make sure the carpenter knows this.

Best wishes,
    Barb

jaetee is offline Registered User
    I would love to get one of these as well - if anyone finds a place that is willing to ship it to HK without breaking the bank, or finds someone who can build it, please please let me know. :)

DTHY is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

I have the Arm's Reach Universal Co-Sleeper. It is the same size as the Original but the matress can be set low enough to the level of my futon. When I bought it almost 3 three years ago, they did not have a Singapore distributor and Arm's Reach did not ship out of the US. I looked up a few of Arm's Reach's east coast distributors and asked if they would ship overseas. I also did a web search on those companies and asked my friends who live in the US to see if these stores were reputable companies. Indeed, one of them was willing to ship overseas and I believe the cost of the Universal Co-Sleeper including shipping was about HK$1,800 and it arrived in just less than 4 weeks.

The Universal Co-Sleeper was great! Even when my son was weaned, he was able to use the co-sleeper as a bed until he was 2 yrs old - we just kept lowering the matress and you don't have to worry about his arms/legs getting caught between the bars of a crib! It's definitely worth getting it shipped!!:crib

Sorry, I mean "WEST" coast because it is cheaper to ship from there than from the the east coast. But if you can get it from Singapore, then the shipping cost will even be cheaper - I think!
    Last edited by DTHY; 10-16-2006 at 12:07 AM.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    If anyone is looking for a cosleeper mini there is one on yahoo HK right now:
    http://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com...ion/1112428230
    You can translate the page at babelfish.altavista.com or ask a chinese reading friend to do so.

Sadly I can't get it as my bed is low and I need the Universal cosleeper. I can't find anywhere to ship it as yet - one of the Singapore stores said they don't stock the Universal. If anyone hears of one available let me know!

Dear pinemarten, I've just sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast