Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby slings

jaetee is offline Registered User

Baby slings

Any recommendations for newborn baby slings which are comfortable and easy to use? And were you able to find the baby sling in HK or did you have to order it from abroad?

Thanks. :)

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Hi jaetee,

I love baby carriers of all kinds :-)

I can definitely recommend nappypooh.com for their baby carriers, they have one of each type in their range. They also run babywearing workshops where you can go along and have a look at the different slings and even try them out with your baby.

For newborns, a ring sling or a pouch sling is nice and cosy. You can even try a wrap-style carrier, which is a big long piece of fabric that you wrap around to enclose the baby. It is very snug for a newborn, as it reminds them of being on the inside! These can be a little hot in summer though.

Another option is the Ergo carrier, which is a bit more heavy duty but can be good for Hong Kong since you can carry the baby till they are quite heavy. The disadvantage is it's a bit more complicated to use and bulky. Also you need to buy a special insert to carry a newborn in this one. You can get Ergos at doubibou.com.

Hope that helps! It is great to be considering carrying your baby rather than always putting them in a pram. Prams have their place, and they are very useful, but babies LOVE to be held close :-)

DTHY is offline Registered User

I really like the Moms-in-mind slings from Singapore http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/sarongslings.html

Actually, there is a lady in HK who sells them and other breastfeeding clothes and equipment. This is BF Moms' website, it is bilingual http://www.hk-bfmoms.com/. This lady can mail or deliver the products within HK.
    :bfeeding

joannek is offline Registered User

i got mine from LLL. can contact Sarah or Maggie.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

La Leche League in Hong Kong sells two types of slings which you can used from newborn to 30 lbs. The Mayawrap sling ($450) and the Baby Cradle Sling ($280), http://www.lllhk.org/Sales.html.

Please contact:
    Maggie 2817-7475 (Happy Valley)
    Sarah 2548-7636 (Mid-levels)
    Julia 2259-3311 (Discovery Bay)
    E-mail to: [email protected]
    Web-site: www.lllhk.org

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We love the Maya wrap. Baby loves it, also. He can sleep in it or he can sit up in it and he can be worn on the front, side or back (haven't tried that yet, though). Can also be used to secure him to a shopping cart and as a blanket. Plus it has a large velcro pocket. And it is strong enough to carry him at larger weights.

JennyB is offline Registered User

I also find the Maya wrap very comfortable. I would not say it is particularly easy to use. It is very adjustable, to customise for the size of your body, the size of your baby, and what position you want to hold the baby. Other types of sling might be easier to get right, but will not be so adaptable. So I think it is a trade-off. The Maya wrap comes with a DVD, and there are also demonstration videos on their website. I also find it helps to practise with a doll to make perfect!

DTHY is offline Registered User

What is the difference between the Maya wrap and the Moms-in-mind sarong sling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast