Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Doctors for Treating Ezcema - Helen Chan

arkcocoon is offline Registered User
    Felicia, I'm afraid I did not get your PM. How can I send you a PM? thanks

I just realized that the creams that dr helen chen prescribed for my baby are hydrocortizone and neomycin - neither of which should be administered for a prolonged period... I'm so worried about the side effects... I hope my baby gets well soon. a

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    Arkcocoon- unfortunately, the bedside manner of Dr. Helen Chan and her staff are really not ideal. We went through the same experience as you and I also cried the first time. Imagine, my son was a year old then! I can totally emphatize with you. Having said that, passage of time does not change the way my son reacts to the test, I just try to explain to him that it will help him heal and relieve him of all the itchiness.

Wondering why the creams given to you had hydrocortizone and neomycin. Those given to us were just natural oils.

Hang in there.

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Margit,

sounds like my daughter is like your son. She has severe food allergies and ONLY by changing her diet did we see a difference in her skin. Hmmm, interesting to read your starch -reaction statement....my daughter is allergic to potatos, sweet potatos, and a whole host of other things. now I am wondering if she is allergic to the whole group of starchy foods???? You seems very experienced in this area, and you seems new too in this forum? I would love to hear your experiences with your son and any tips that you would give to other mummies with eczema kids. In particular, would you mind sharing the list of foods that your son is NOT allergic to, so that I can try them on my duaghter too? I try new foods for my daughter every week but it is soooo disheartening that she seems to react to more foods than she can eat!! You can PM me if you wish, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance... I live near Clearwater Bay, and would love to meet you if you have time. I can travel anywhere though.

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Arkcocoon, I am sorry to read of your bad experience with the doctor. I remembered I cried too when my daughter had a blood test at 1 year old, it was so traumatic for me not her!! Your doctor should have prepared you beforehand what to expect before the skin prick test. My daughter got her test done in Australia and her allergist was extremely good, warning us how the test entailed and that the test looked worse than it really was - the pricks are like mosquito bites on her skin, so we were all prepared when our daughter cried. He also let us hold onto our daughter (ie she sat on my lap, arms around me, back facing doctor) when the test was being carried out, and i find this calmed her a lot. Maybe you should request, no demand, thatw hen it is time for the next skin prick test.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12