Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anyone with sleeping trouble?

Bubbly is offline Registered User

Anyone with sleeping trouble?

I am having so much trouble sleeping at night. I am only 8 weeks pregant, and although I am on doctor's orders to stay in bed for two weeks, I can't really seem to sleep during the day either! You know when you are physically really really tired but finding it very difficult to rest mentally? That's how I feel.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this?

joannek is offline Registered User
    it sounds like you're thinking too much about your pregnancy & little anxious? maybe u can try meditation.

get some relaxation CDs and focus on your breathing. listen to yourself breath. when your mind wonders away, & you suddenly realize it (which you will every minute), just bring your mind back & focus on your breathing again.

or you can try this relaxation technique: focus on your breathing then tell yourself to relax your head, when you feel that your head is realx, go on down to relax the tiny muscles around your eyes, relax your nose, relax your mouth, you might let your mouth droop a little, then relax your jaws.... then relax your neck, shoulders, top of your back.... until the tips of your fingers, and relax your tummy, your hips, and your thighs until you reach the tip of ur toes... all the while taking about 3 seconds to relax each part. so it takes like 10 mins to do the whole process. if your mind wonders off midway, start all over from the top of your head.

let me know if it works!

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    if it's any comfort you're not the only one. I'm feeling occasionally sleepless and woke this morning at 4am (after only 4 hrs sleep). Ugh... Now I feel like missing my weekly dance class to stay home and nap. What a pain.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the tips! I tried spraying Lavender scent on my pillows last night and managed to get the best sleep I have had in ages, although still not as good as pre pregnancy, it is already more than I can ask for.

Thanks for the help!

joannek is offline Registered User
    glad that you're sleeping well.

try to get the most rest now, don't mean to scare u, cos itll be more difficult for you to sleep well when your tummy gets bigger, and practically half the sleep that you get now when your baby arrives. esp. if you're like me, don't wanna miss out everything your baby is doing, plus bfeeding.

joecheung is offline Registered User
    you may try acupuncture, which is quite good for insomnia. Pls visit :

http://www.health2joy.com/servicesEnglish.html