Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: What Do You Really Want From Your Husband This Birthday?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flowers

1 1.89%
  • Chocolate

0 0%
  • Clothing/Lingerie

0 0%
  • A Romantic Evening

23 43.40%
  • A Day/Evening Off

11 20.75%
  • Other - please elaborate

6 11.32%
  • Diamonds....a girls best friend

12 22.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Do You Really Want From Your Husband This Birthday?

rani is offline Administrator

What Do You Really Want From Your Husband This Birthday?

What Do You Really Want From Your Husband for your Birthday?

Another fun poll!
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

DTHY is offline Registered User
    I work pt-time and my husband works shifts, before the arrival of our baby, we used to do everything together... Since our little boy came along, our time is divided between work and taking care of our boy (we don't have a helper, so I go to work when my husband stays home and vice versa). We hardly spend any time together (except in the evenings when my boy is asleep and the odd mornings when I don't have to go to work early).

For my b-day, I want to spend some time alone with hubby - (not doing anything special) just bumming around like we used to...

:groupwave:

joannek is offline Registered User
    since i had a baby, i never had time to plan what to do on our special days - birthdays, anniversary, christmas... we used to have a lot of ideas - going for romantic holidays, spending a weekend away, all these new restaurants to try. but we haven't done that since we had the baby. i'd love for him to plan a romantic night out - candlelight dinner, and a little walk by the harbour....

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    I just had a birthday and I had the whole day off!!! I have two little ones so it was a real treat. Hubby even made lunch (sandwiches) and baked a birthday cake! No presents but definitely one of the best birthdays ever.

capital is offline Banned
    I would love a birthday cake, I know it sounds really strange, but it is important to me. I always make the children and my husband their own birthday cake with candles and sing happy birthday, I have not had a cake of my own since I was 18 and still living at hoime. It would mean a lot to me if he took the trouble to get me a birthday cake, it would show me he thought about what I wanted. Last year he bought me this louis vuitton wallet, which I hate, because it is so expensive and I do not care at all about Louis vuitton, so to me it is money wasted. I wanted to return it, but he was all offened by that. he really bought it for me because he thinks it is great, and he cares about things like that. I alway keep it in my purse and don't take it out because I am so embarrsed by it, that someone I know my see me with it and think I am that vain that I need to spend 500$ on a wallet! If he wanted to buy me something expensive, I would much appreciate jewlerly instead. Hope to not offend anyone who likes that kind of thing, it is just so not me.

pinemarten is offline Registered User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by capital
    I alway keep it in my purse and don't take it out because I am so embarrsed by it, that someone I know my see me with it and think I am that vain that I need to spend 500$ on a wallet! Hope to not offend anyone who likes that kind of thing, it is just so not me.
    Haha, I understand - I'd be horrified if my husband bought me something like that and would head straight for ebay.

I think the ideal gift shows that they're listening to what you say and thinking about you a lot. If my husband remembered that three months ago I'd mentioned I wanted X, then went out and got it and surprised me, well that would be the best gift regardless of what X was.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    I know what you mean pinemarten!

Unfortunately I have realised (afer 7 years of marriage) that he either doesn't notice when I mention that I want x or he has a short memory. So.... I have started a list that goes in his bedside drawer. Any time I think of something I mgiht like for a present I add it to the list. Not as good as having a husband who can read minds when it comes to presents but it's probably the next best thing...

Hi Capital - I know what you mean about a cake. I make the cakes and go to heaps of effort to decorate them etc. I too have never had a cake since I left home - until this year! Admittedly I did have to tell him I wanted a cake thinking that now we have a helper who can bake there was no excuse. Amazingly he ended up cooking it himself (why that couldn't have happened previously is beyond me...)

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

Wink

Capital, I read your post and I laughed (in the best way) and felt for you. Perhaps you could tell hint to him, in the sweetest way, about the types of things you like, so he understand a bit better your values as well as his own.

I must say that if my husband bought me a LV purse (and it wasn't a budget issue) that some hk gluttonous consumerist fanstasy would be satisfied. Of course I would prefer a better designer! Hey Pinemarten, so I know what you will be passing onto me me me or any of the others, when your hubby gets the present wrong. teehee...xxx

For my other choice I like the idea of a day trip for my birthday. Good idea 'fee' about a little list, if thats good for your relationship it can take so much pressure off. For some partners, including myself, it can be alot nicer than seriously disappointing someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast