Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

blocking windows

gidget is offline Registered User

blocking windows

Our nursery gets a lot of sunlight during the day.
    I have had the curtains for the windows lined with UV blockout, but a lot of light gets into the room still aroudn the edges of the curtains.

I would like to be able to make the room darker for day time naps, does anyone know what I can use?

kellyst is offline Registered User
    ha.. someone picky like me. i can't stand light getting into my room as well. my solution, very crude, but works. i bought these 3M (Command) plastic clips (they were supposed to be used for keeping electric wires in place) which you can stick on the edges of the wall. before i sleep, i secure the curtain agains the wall with the clips, that blocks out the light reasonably well.

hope that helps!

joannek is offline Registered User
    kellyst, brilliant idea. but does it mean if your curtain is up, you can see all the clips lining up on the wall?

nikimom is offline Registered User
    our nursery is just by the garden, we have big window sreen doors for our nursery, i'm concerned abt niki being exposed to too much UV, but i know is good to play with sunlight, is there anywhere i can get some UV block without blocking the sunlight? thanks

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Hi Gidget,

I was funny about making the room dark too. So what we did was to make the blind larger than the window and then when it is down velcro it onto the wall!! Crude but it works. Also the curtains have velcro attaching the fabric to black out and I stick the two curtains together when drawn. Hope that helps.

Sunrays

Matty is offline Registered User
    I'm with Sunrays on the velcro. We've done the same with a larger blind.
    Be careful about making him always fall asleep in complete darkness and quiet though, unless you plan for every one of his naps for the next few years to be that way.
    At this stage I'm putting Joel down for his daytime naps with some light and noise, and he seems very used to it now. It may even be helping with the night sleeps, as he sleeps more deeply and we are up to 4hrs between feeds in the night now!

Most everything else is a disaster, but at least he's eating and sleeping ok!