Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Family Portrait but not so expensive...

Blee is offline Registered User

Family Portrait but not so expensive...

Hi - my husband and I really want to take our baby for a nice family portrait so we can make Christmas cards this year. But all the photographers in Hong Kong are so expensive. We checked out a few places. The photo session itself costs around $1800 to $2000 and then you have to develop photos with the photographer. They will not give you any digital files. Each regular photo will cost anything from $40 to more than $100! If we want to make Christmas cards for everyone it will cost a fortune!

Does anyone know a studio we can simply take a few very traditional shots (like mom with baby on the lap and father standing right behind...) and then we can get the digital files back so we can make our own Christmas cards?

rani is offline Administrator
    Blee,

There was a discussion a while back on a studio in TST that is reasonable, but the quality is so-so.

Baby studio

I picked up some info on Mud Studio the other day.
    They charge $1790 for 50 Xmas postcards. that does not include the photo shoot

www.mud.hk/studio
    Last edited by rani; 10-20-2006 at 02:46 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    thisisventure.com.hk

.....they are doing a special offer at the moment. I think they the pics are more contemporary than the usual soft-focus-edging portraits, but not sure what you're after. Is worth checking out the website I guess.

I've got one lined up, but as yet not booked a session.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i did a little research on thisisventure. the shoot is free but if you buy their products, it's quite expensive. and they don't give you the files for the fotos.

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hi Blee,

Just to let you know my hubby is a professional on taking pictures. He has a group of photography friends. So, let me know and I can send some of the photo he took for our daughter. By the way, many friends who saw the pictures gave good compliments.

Blee is offline Registered User
    Hi Katboo - thanks for the info. I saw from another thread earlier that "thisisventure" is outrageously expensive when you develop the photos. (I think it is the same company you are talking about but you can do a search for the thread. Probably just a month ago) The photo session is really cheap, like $500 to attract you. But I am not sure how expensive it is coz I never checked it out. You may want to find out before you go for the shoot.

Hi meow meow - would be interested to see your photos. I will send you a PM with my email. Thanks!

joannek is offline Registered User
    thisisventure refused to give you prices of how much their products cost. but from their website, you can tell they're very expensive, cos they say it's not only photos, it's art.

itemstrader is offline Banned
    Meow Meow
    can you send me some pictures that your husband takes ? I'm really intereseted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast