Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tsan Yuk Antenatal

Polly is offline Registered User

Tsan Yuk Antenatal

I've read quite a few helpful threads re. Tsan Yuk, as I will have all my antenatal appointments there. I have an appointment on Saturday 21st to register. I remember reading one thread about going early in the morning, no matter what appointment time you have been allocated, in order to be seen a lot quicker. Does this work for registration too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Maybe you could be finished a bit earlier if you turn up early, but you will still probably be there a couple of hours because there are quite a few different steps to get through, including being shown videos, if it has not changed recently (my experience is from 2003).

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    When I went for the registration day, they told dh (who called to set the apt. because he speaks Cantonese) that my apt. was at 9am. We showed up only to find out that was the Chinese language session. We had to come back at 11am for the English language session, so don't show up toooo early. :) However, the earlier you get there, the higher up on the list you are, and the sooner you will be seen. So for the 11am apt., maybe show up at 10:30. Bring a good book to read because there is a lot of waiting around, and there is a video that you are required to watch. (hence the Chinese/English sessions). When I went, there were probably about 20 other English speaking ladies waiting to be seen as well.

edited to say, sorry I just realized it's already past your appointment day, so my advice probably isn't much help. How did it go?
    All the best,
    Katie

Polly is offline Registered User
    No worries, thanks anyway Katie. The registration was a positive first experience. It mustn't have been a busy day for the English session, as there was really no waiting around at all. We did take books but didn't need them; we were in and out within an hour and all the nurses were nice.

From what I understood if my pregnancy is low-risk, which hopefully it is, I'll be referred to a maternity health clinic (I think that's what they referred to them as) after the first antenatal appointment. I didn't realise that, so I don't know if anyone has any experience of those that they can share? There's one in Central apparently, so I guess I'll go there.

I have my first antenatal appointment tomorrow and I'm glad I'm aware that they're going to do a smear, otherwise, I'd have been very put out! This way, I'm prepared to grin and bear it. :-) Not sure what else will be involved but I figure that's got to be the worst! :-)