Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What to do when hospitals are full?

jaetee is offline Registered User

What to do when hospitals are full?

I tried to take a tour of Adventist but they were so full that they had closed the unit. :( I am worried that this will happen when I really need them - has anyone had experience with not being able to get into the hospital of their choice?

**BTW, I was told I am unable to pre-register for Adventist and only able to get stay in whatever room is available. Is Matilda the only hospital that llows pre-registration?

Thanks. :)

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    If you want to avoid the possibility of full hospitals my suggestion is, don’t conceive at holidays times. You may notice that most babies are born in September and October (nine months after Christmas and nine months after Chinese New Year).

I am not due in October, but have been trying to get in to tour some hospitals, and several of the private ones have been full/closed unit. :(

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    The private hospitals won't let you register beforehand, but your Doctor will send your medical file/notes to them at some point in your third trimester. Maybe it's best to choose a first choice and then second choice hospital, just in case. Our baby was just born in October and we had no problems getting into the Matilda. A friend gave birth the day after me and had no problems getting into the Adventist. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Rebecca - I know Matilda lets you pre-register, but do you know if you have to pay a non-refundable fee to pre-register?

There is no pre-registering at Adventist, though they used to allow it. :( :(

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    No pre-registration at both Matilda and Adventist? Even if you are on elective/scheduled c-section? Given that there is already a specific date and time to do the procedure, i am thinking it will be easier to book a room?