Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are July mommies n babies doing?

nikimom is offline Registered User

How are July mommies n babies doing?

Hi all July/summer mommies,

My daughter was born in July, has been stuggling for the first two months for bf. When things seem to go well, some other problems arose....BUT baby and mom are still hanging on ... hope can continue to bf until she's 6 mths. So how's everyone doing? Are babies thriving? Niki is now 3 mths and 2weeks, she weighs 15lbs now, a chubby girl perhaps? Hope to keep in touch with summer mommies and we may go to playgroups together soon, we can also meet up for lunches or coffees if anyone is interested.
    Half way to 6mth bf, lets all keep it up.

nikimom

acpurples is offline Registered User
    Hi, my daughter was also a July baby. Like yourself, am aiming to bf until she is 6 months old. Have just started back at work this week. Am finding it difficult to express milk. Any sharing?

macaron mania is offline Registered User
    How are July moms are doing? My bub was born on 24th of July. She is becoming very active and needs activity idea from other moms. Anyone?

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Mine was born on 27th July and he's very active too - flipping himself from front to back and vice-versa as well as turning 360 degrees and looking everywhere. We've just started a couple of days ago letting him practice crawling on those ABC mats brought from Toysrus. We put toys infront of him to reach and he uses his head and feet at the moment to take him to his toys. it's quite funny seeing him as he sticks his bum up a lot. We don't plan to take him to playgroups yet as he cannot sit himself up properly but hopefully once the weather gets warmer we would like to take him for some swimming lesson - jsut one of those essential life-saving skills. We also put him on a walker for a few minutes without the wheels as we do not want him to strain his legs and he seems to enjoy bouncing on it. Other times, we teach him to say mum (which he can babble when playing alone) and baba (cannot babble this yet) and let him see some coloured shapes.

pfydo is offline Registered User
    Hi July Moms, this is my first posting to this thread. My son was born July 1. I take him to Panda Junction for a fun thing to do every Tuesday, but would anyone like to get together for an informal playgroup? I live in Mid-Levels and wouldn't mind hosting or traveling elsewhere. Feel free to privately email me if you prefer: [email protected]
    Deanna (rhymes with: )

pfydo, I have emailed to your comcast.net address.

motherOF2 is offline Registered User
    Hi July 2007 moms,

Is there any ongoing informal playgroup for your kids? We're new in HK and would love to meet some new friends / playdates for my daughter who is 14 months old now.

Hi motherOF2, my son is 13.5months and I have met pyfdo twice - we've both been busy with trips and hoping to meet up again in Nov.

I work full-time hence only available on Sats/Suns. Sept is a busy month for me - maybe we can arrange to meet up in Oct. At the moment we are looking around for paid playgroups for my son to go to when he hits 18 months and these will be on a Sat/Sun but we can juggle around to fit in. We can also do this at each other house with lunches etc - plenty of toys to occupy the little ones.

How long have you been in HK and where are you originally from? I'm a british born chinese and have been here for 7 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast