Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Whats a good stroller for HK?

Matty is offline Registered User
    Absolutley right Andynz, as someone who has worked as a nanny in HK for years, ease of use is the most important thing in this town.
    I've used loads of different types of strollers, and by far the best is the Graco EDT.
    It's light at only 5 kg, has 1 handed folding, is usable form birth, is comfortable and inexpensive.
    Ii's available at Toys R us for $998.

My 5mth old will happily sit, sleep and be fed solids in it when we are out all day long!

spockey is offline Registered User
    We brought our Bugaboo from Oz. But found that most MTRs were not as Bug friendly as our public buses and trains in Sydney were. So finally we had to purchase the McLaren Sport and now, we can't live without it! We use that for getting about HK, on and off the buses, MTRs and cabs. The Bug has been demoted for a neighbourhood stroll unless we are out late as it is like being in his cot for our little man.:crib

vickirummun is offline Registered User
    We have used the bugaboo and although its a little annoying when you get in and out of taxis it means your baby is in a car seat. I personally think its madness to consider putting your baby on your lap in a car, so a little bit of effort is not really a big deal! Also, the wheels are really sturdy and as they are kind of mini tyres they go up and down steps really well.
    At present we don't have a car in HK and I would not have been without our bugaboo. When we have been on the MTR I have just kept it as it is. From what I have seen the Quinny is really good too and has the car seat feature too. In all honesty, no pushchair in HK is all that easy, but the way I looked at it is I knew that before we decided to have a baby and although it gets frustrating at times, you just have to get on with it!

Matty is offline Registered User
    I disagree that no pushchair is easy in HK.
    The lite easy fold models are a breeze. Mine is so simple, (Graco EDT)that I rarely have to catch a taxi as it's easy to get on and off buses with.
    Steps are no problem as it's so light, you can just pick the whole thing up, baby and all, and walk up or down them.

You can still use a carseat when needed, as long as you don't need to walk for miles when you get out.
    It's easy enough to get out of a taxi and carry a carseat into a restaurant for an evening meal etc.

The carseat is used for such a short time before they grow out of it, you have to think carefully whether an expensive complete system is right for you.

People tend to ditch them and buy an eay fold model once they grow out of the carseat.
    It also depends where you live and how you'll be using it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123