Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whats a good stroller for HK?

X-NYC mama is offline Registered User
    NYC, at the moment

Whats a good stroller for HK?

We currently own a Bugaboo for our 3 yo. Should we look into a new one for the newborn? Or will a Bjorn suffice for the first few months? Also, what do you advise for after?

gidget is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Have a search for some previous posts, especially about the Bugaboo, as there are very mixed feelings from users about its practicality in Hong Kong.

I do not have one, but the synopsis seems to be that the pros are that it is flexible and can be used as a travel system.
    The cons are that it is cumbersome. If you did not have a car you would have trouble folding it up for a taxi each time.

Luckily as you already have one, why not give it a go first? I wanted one, but decided against it for the 'cons' reasons I listed above. Instead I bought a more compact travel system, which was the Quinny Zapp, which fits the Maxi Cosi capsule.

A baby bjorn is certainly the way to go with a new born, if you can, as there are endless steps in Hong Kong. I prefer to take the baby in the capsule when travelling by taxi though, which is why a travel system stroller was a must for me.

Legally you are not bound to use a restraint for your baby / children in Hong Kong though, and so many people swear by the cheap and compact umbrella strollers for ease of use.

PreggerC is offline Registered User

stroller in hk

i have a Bugaboo and a Chicco Ponee XS. love both. Bug is great for neighborhood strolling and getting on and off MTR, but bad for taxis. Chicco is so good for taxi rides. I have the Taiwanese version that doesn't have the red lock so i can hold my son w/ one arm, have diaper bag on another arm. and one hand fold the Chicco stroller all by myself in and out of taxi. there's no way i could have done it w/ the Bug. Still would not trade anything for the Bug though. so easy to steer.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong Island
    Just wondering how you put something as large as a bugaboo on the mtr? Do you fold it or just leave the baby in?

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    We were all set to buy a Mclaren when someone pointed out the 19 inch wheel base leaves about 1 inch or so on each side when going through turnstiles. They don't like theirs because of that. If someone hadn't pointed it out we never would have thought of that, which is strange because I curse HK turnstiles every time I try to get luggage through them.
    Looked at the Graco City Sport, weighs 4.2 kg, good up to 18kg baby, wheelbase is only around 17 inches. Any thoughts?

jaetee is offline Registered User
    We are probably going to buy the Peg Perego Pramette and matching Primo Viaggio carseat - the stroller seems quite sturdy and fairly easy to fold up, but it is not light by any means.

miffylisa is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Best stroller

We have a combi, and my husband really likes it. We used to have a Quinny in Uk but it is just not practical and some combi version comes with a travel system, which I belived is one of the lightest in the market. And they are Japan design which means that they are good in public transportation and by car if you pick the model with the car seat as well.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    We got a Combi when D was around 5 months. Loved it!
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast