Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Experiences with Dr. Lucy Lord?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Noopy, I'm fat and she was pretty offensive about that - I think she's equal opportunities unpleasant!

1stimemum is offline Registered User

i think it really boils down to what you're comfortable with. Professional, highly skilled, experienced but lacking in warmth and bedside manner. My only issue is, for the price you pay for her or any of the doctors most of us who delivered at Matilda used, why cant we have both?

I delivered with Grace Chung and was very comfortable with her and for the prices we pay, i got IMO both skill and warmth. really is that too much to ask for?

hkmom1 is offline Registered User

I have to echo my experience with Lucy Lord. I made an appointment based on recommendations. She was over an hour late and then told me she could see me this one time but after that she wouldn't be able to because I was delivering at a public hospital. The thing is, when I made the appointment I specifically asked the receptionist of they took patients that are delivering at QMH and they said yes!

Overall I felt very rushed, and it felt like it was totally just a business dealing.

LOJITT is offline Registered User

That's terrible HKMom- receptionist must have been new or something because there are signs up all over the place saying that they dont deliver in public hospitals and when I called for my first appointment the receptionist I spoke to made sure that I was very clear that that was the case.

I chose LL because she is pro-natural birth (by HK standards anyway) and I didnt read anything that made me doubt her competency. I'm not too worried about bedside manner in a doctor (can be a bit "brisk" myself if I'm honest).

So far (7 months) I've been very happy with her and the midwives/ nurses/sonographer at the practice and have found the delays minimal (had to wait 20mins past appointment time max). However, admittedly, I have had a very straightforward pregnancy.

Balvo is offline Registered User

I had an emergency csection at 36 weeks with Lucy Lord with my first baby and am seeing her again for this one. I think she is extremely professional, experienced and I trust her judgement. She can be a bit blunt but if youre in a difficult situation as we were a few times, I think she was great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12