Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dr. Ghosh and Dr. Dawkins

noella is offline Registered User
    I thought Ghosh only delivered at the Matilda?? I used him and he is great. With regrds to having a natural after a c section, a friend of mine is doing just that with Ghosh.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    I suspect that if push comes to shove both would deliver at Adventist. I also heard of one couple whose circumstances changed and they could no longer afford Matilda. Apparently Dawkins agreed to deliver at Adventist.

But really, you probably want to choose a doctor who's happy and comfortable with your choice of hospital.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    LittleLams
    I'm with Dr Dawkins for my second after delivering my first by c-section. One of the points that convinced me to go with him is his attitude towards the delivery method. He told me that a prior c-section in itself does not indicate a second one will be needed; he will monitor the pregnancy and treat it as an individual case. I'm also hoping for a normal birth this time.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pinemarten

But really, you probably want to choose a doctor who's happy and comfortable with your choice of hospital.
    PM is right. When they aren't comfortable, they can make mistakes and I have heard a couple of Drs yelling at the mid-wives.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

thebryants is offline Registered User
    I have just delivered with Dr Dawkins at the Matilda. I had a fantastic experience and he was more than happy for a very natural birth including yoga mats/birthing ball/bean bag etc! smile And he was also more than happy for me to choose birthing position etc
    He is a very perceptive OB/GYN and I was really impressed with what he picked up on during my delivery.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Dr. Dawkins was my doctor when I had my last child. I found him to be very supportive of a normal delivery after a caesarean. One of the things he didn’t want was to induce me as an induction often puts more strain on your body. He was fine when I was 41 weeks and still was keen for me to go into labour naturally – which I did do about six hours after that consultation.

One of the reasons that I choose Dr. Dawkins was because a number of my friends had been so happy with him. I now know about 10 people who have managed to have a normal birth with him after having a previous caesarean with a different doctor.

I suggest that you schedule an appointment with him and see what you think for yourself. As I know some mothers who are not so happy with his quiet and easy going manner.

Best wishes,
    Barb

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    Dr Dawkins is definitely quiet and easy going. He doesn't volunteer much information or advice (at least in the stages up to 25 weeks, which is where I'm up to). If you want to know something, you need to ask. Then he will thoroughly answer your questions with no time pressure or impatience. But you have to ask - so bring a list of questions to each appointment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12