Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

'Morning' Sickness.....grrrr!!

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Dongguan China
    i agree with mickeymom....eating frequent meals helped me. i also had a lot of acid...i hear there is something on the market called preggo pops thats supposed to help with morning sickness and helps also during labor. i dont know if they sell it in HK. i bought a few packs for preparation for my #2 pregnancy. hang in there...

Lolipop is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Chewing sugar free minty chewing gum helped me!

Also found that plenty of rest helped (easier said than done).

Small meals frequently as well - for me mainly bread! .. oh, and cucumber!

I also had the sea sickness bands - they helped a LOT - they take 30 mins to start to take effect and they really do help take the edge off things!

adahc is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    I findeating anything sour helps. Lemon with salt helps me. I feel neusea when hungry but don't really feel hungry if you know what i mean. Force myself to eat just to keep going helps.
    I'm very sensitive to smell and still am even though I'm 20 weks pregnant. So living in central didn't help.
    I'm just able to eat food properly last week when moved to Discovery Bay, away from the chinese cooking smell (no offense to Chinese friends out there).

tuikom is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Red face

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant now and the "morning" sickness symptoms arrived (argh!). I vomited the whole night (about five times) and lost 1 kg of weight. Ok, it might have been related to bad food (don't know what and bad luck for me ), but the nausea-feeling seems to be continuing.

I don't feel like eating, and I'm a bit concerned about the baby. How much food did you eat a day to keep on going? I take a supplement drink (Materna) every morning and try to drink water with lemon, and chew gum. I fortunately found out that they are selling sea-bands ( at Watsons, so good luck for me finding them and I hope they work :)

p.s. I have to admit that I was really waiting for some symptoms and a feeling I was pregnant for real.. stupid me

miaka is offline Registered User
    Chai Wan
    fresh ginger w/ some honey in hot water, small frequent meals/snacks and vitasoy malt soymilk helped me. good luck!

h2o is offline Registered User
    I agree with carang....i also requested my doc to give me anti nausea medication and i was also given maalox for acidity....
    i suggest,when u go to ur doc next time u ask her abt these medication so that she can suggest best one for u...
    good luck

Paddles is offline Registered User
    I really sympathise, I'm on week 11 and I've been suffering since day 1 and am getting tired of it. Feel like life has stopped for a while - my biggest problem is movement, if I sit still or lie on my left life is better but that's not very practical, if I walk about 10 steps I feel awful. I tried all the supposed remedies - crackers, ginger tea, sleep, chewing gum etc but the thing I found really helped was going to see an acupuncturist. He was great, didn't use needles, but massaged my spine and used heat lamps on my back, it really worked. I go every 3 days, it takes about 10 mins and it does make a difference - he doesn't even mind if you're late, I found it a real struggle to get to the appointments in the morning. He also told me to drink hot ginger and lemon tea 3 or 4 times a day. Part of the problem with morning sickness is because your diaphragm is squashed as the babies move up from your pelvis. Anything that can helps to open up your diaphragm relieves the nausea - ginger ale, ginger tea, last visit he told me to start drinking cream soda.

If you want the details of the Acupuncturist I can give it to you, he's in Causeway Bay. You have to make an appointment by fax as he doesn't answer the phone but he'll call you back very quickly. He's treated 2 friends of mine with m/s, and it does take the edge off a little.

Coco is offline Registered User
    Wanchai, Hong Kong
    I'm into my 12th week now and I had really really bad morning sickness as well, and have lost a couple of pounds. I told my doc (Dr. Ghosh) this. I've been on Materna ever since I found out I was pregnant. He told me to come off them, apparently taking them too early on in the pregnancy may make the morning sickness worse, and then he told me to take just folic acid till a couple of weeks later. It's been less than a week, but the morning sickness is definately a bit better (fingers crossed !). So, I would suggest you tell your doc and see if he/she can help.
    I also survived on ginger ale and ribeena & fizzy water plus fresh lime sodas. You can also buy ginger sweets in the traditional chinese shops that sells dried fruits and nuts.
    Hope it gets better soon !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast