Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'Morning' Sickness.....grrrr!!

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam

'Morning' Sickness.....grrrr!!

seems to me that 'mother nature' is not really a mother at all...there is no way she'd have put up with 6 weeks of constant vomiting and nausea!

Yes, I am feeling particularly fragile and sorry for myself right now. Am 7 weeks in and with my first had morning (or so-called morning) sickness 24/7 until week 14.

I don't think I can cope with it remedies that I may not have heard of or tried already (have done the dry biccies, ginger tea, salty crisps thing up to my eyeballs and nothing works!)

can't sleep, can't eat, can't even smell food or the inside of the fridge without!!!!!

engee is offline Registered User
    Sheung wan
    Ohhhhhhhh yes! i know what u mean..and how u feel...i went thru that hell for almost 4 months!
    Nothn helped me either and was desperately lookn for tips which i never got.
    Now my son is 2yrs and 3 montsh old.

We want to have another baby but the thought of the "sickness" haunts me!!

Hang on Katboo....try to take deep breaths and relax(i know its easy to say)

Am sure other moms will have tips which i am lookn forward to hearing too.

Good luck and take care!

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    i had "all day sickness" when i was pregnant with the first one. and it lasted till i was being wheeled in to labor room! apparently some women are just plain lucky ;-)

What helped was eating very small meals frequently - my doctor said that what causes the sickness sometimes is how the stomach is being pushed/made smaller by the expanding uterus and so you feel the urge to "retch"

I was also given acid tablets like tums to control the feeling of acidity.

but i still had terrible morning sickness... these things helped a bit though

putput is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Oh god, KatBoo!

I'm in week 6 too and I'm finding it so hard to deal with the constant nausea and sickness. I had to take the day off today because this week has been so bad and i'm supposed to have had a client lunch today. I thought I'd got out of it and now he wants to do it next week.

There has got to be something that will work. I know it will all be worth it at the end so I'll go through whatever but could really do with a little help along the way!

Genro is offline Registered User
    Dear Putput ...

I can feel your PAIN. I still remember my "all-day-sickness" with my daughter ... the only thing that helped me was eating saltine crackers and drinking ginger ale ... but it has to be REAL ginger in the ale. You can also try fresh ginger in hot water or tea. It also helps if you just avoid smelling food ... especially being cooked.

For the nausea or sea sickness ... you can try sea bands:

'The Sea-Band is a knitted elasticized wrist band, which operates by applying pressure on the Nei Kuan acupressure point on each wrist by means of a plastic stud. Because the bands do not use drugs, they do not cause any of the side effects associated with anti-nausea drugs and can be worn on each wrist whenever you feel nauseous.'

I bought mine at a drugstore in the USA ... so not sure if they sell them in Hong Kong!?!?!? But they really work. They don't take the nauseous completely away, but they do take enough of the edge off to get through the day!

ANY finally I will tell you what everyone told me … ‘morning’ sickness means your body is going through all the right hormonal changes and a sign that you baby is HEALTHY … don’t know if this is just the consolation prize … kinda like “it’s lucky if it rains on your wedding day” … but it got me through some of it! ALSO I really hope you are like me …. On EAXCTLY my 12th week it all DISAPEARED overnight ;)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

louisouis is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I am in week 9, I find sipping hot water with lemon helps with my nausea.

Good Luck!

ELT is offline Registered User
    somehow I found NOT wearing a bra helped!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    nothing helped me with my first and i lost over 20 lbs! i lost about 7 with my second. the difference to me, was that i specifically requested an anti-nausea medication with my second. it doesn't stop it completely but it does take the edge off...maybe you should go see your dr soon and ask for one!

good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast