Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Please Help - Signs of Teething

arkcocoon is offline Registered User

Please Help - Signs of Teething

Dear All

My baby is 8.5 months old and lately always wake up with a very bad rash on his face.

Because my baby has been diagnosed as having ezcema, i'm not sure if the rash on the face is ezcema related or whether its caused by his teething. Please could you let me know what are the typical signs of teething? I've read in some books that rash on the face is very common when a baby is teething?

Please could you also let me know how long does teething last for? i understand every baby is different but i'd be so grateful if you could let me know how many days it took your child from his first sign of teething to getting the first tooth.

thank you all very much for sharing. a

gerjohn22 is offline Registered User

Hello........you know teething for baby is difficult stage for them, some signs when baby starts teething, he or she will have a frequent LBM and sometimes accompanied by fever.......thats based on my experience as a mom, well I think that rashes on his face is not related to teething because eczema is often inherited. So your baby is more likely to have it if you or some other close family member has either had eczema, or had asthma or allergies. Eczema is not an allergic reaction to something, but it can be provoked by allergens in your baby's environment or diet, or in your diet if you're breastfeeding. Eczema can also be aggravated by heat, by irritants that come in contact with your baby's skin (like wool or the chemicals in some soaps, lotions, or detergents), by changes in temperature, and by dry skin. Many babies have it in the first year of life and many improve or are no longer troubled by eczema by the time they're 2 years old.

Baby bun is offline Registered User

Teething & Ezecma Cream

Please Check your PM!