Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

baby kicking- worried

alibali is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay

baby kicking- worried

I am 33 weeks pregnant and last night the baby seemed to have a "seizure" in utero. It woke me up and felt very different from the usual kicking, hiccups, squirming. My whole belly shook very violently about 10 times in a row, there was a pause and it happened again. After that, baby was quite active for a awhile- kicking, squirming, etc. I will of course mention this to the doctor (next visit on Thursday- but I am going to Tsan Yuk, where it's difficult to get immediate attention & satsifactory answers). In the meantime, has anyone else experienced this kind of kicking/ shaking during pregnancy? Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully I'm being paranoid!

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I have not experienced this. If I were you I would go and talk to my GP first about it, just to put your mind at rest.

scr is offline Registered User
    Since the "seizure" how has the baby's movments been ? Is it back to normal, reduced or increased ? It is usually advised that if you feel frantic movements or lack of movements then you should see a doctor. Tsan Yuk is a MCHC, they will not deal with emergency situations. In this case you would have to go to the A&E dept at QM hospital where you will be giving birth right ? On the other hand if you have a private doctor you go to, you could go to him/her to make sure the baby is doing fine.