Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Air Purifiers

jaetee is offline Registered User

Air Purifiers

I am looking for an effective air purifier - would love to get the IQ Air but those models are expensive. Has anyone used another air purifier that they have found effective againts dust and allergens?

Thanks.

PreggerC is offline Registered User

Sharp

Sharp is supposed to be the best all around. I have the FU P40S. got it at 1980. you can get 10% discount now at the new "Best" store at Olympic (2 stops north of Hong Kong station on Tung Chung. right inside the Olympian City II mall)

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Saw an interesting thing about pillows on TV the other night. Big cause of allergens with the dust mites and mold/fungus growing in them; one guy even had the penicillin mold growing in his.
    The Clean Air people in US recommend a thorough cleaning of the house before heading to the air purifier.
    Of course, the US isn't as polluted so that reasoning might not exactly apply. Consumers Reports warns that ionizing filters produce ozone so you won't want one anywhere near your head for an extended period of time.

jaetee is offline Registered User

Thanks for the replies. Had a couple of questions:

1) What is the best way to clean pillows - do we have to replace them or can we just vacuum them?

2) The Sharp air purifiers and several others on the market are ionic, and thus produce ozone - does this mean we should avoid those types?

Thanks for the advice. :)

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

Hello,
    If you look down below there are similiar threads to read through. As I wrote before I found this link really useful
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...ers/index.html
    it talks about different types and has research. The issue is how to make it all relevant for the conditions of your place/hk etc. x

peainpod is offline Registered User

I would recommend a Canadian brand called Alen Air Purifiers. At HK$4000 for their Paralda model (this is the quietest one with a small footprint, so great for the baby's room), it costs only about half of what IQAir costs, and they rank almost as high as IQAir in independent tests in North America.

We just bought one a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy with the results. I have it in the baby's bedroom and we've noticed that he's definitely been coughing a lot less. (Even my husband - who was not keen on the purchase initially -has admitted the difference.)

As far as I know, they only sell it thru one distributor called Renaud Lifestyle and you can order it online or over the phone (2115-8201).

The website is: http://www.renaudlifestyle.com/air-p...alda-hepa.html

rani is offline Administrator

We also sell the Allen Air Purifers on ShopinHK

http://www.shopinhk.com/air-purifiers-c-34943.html

Neha is offline Banned

Rani

Do u ship them out of HK?

Neha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast