Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to live on 45K housing budget?

Em'sMum is offline Registered User

Where to live on 45K housing budget?

Hello Mums

Could you please recomend an apartment in Hong Kong around the 45K ( excluding management fees ) budget. Perhaps where you stay or friends place that you think are nice. My husband will be working in Admirty and once we're settled in Hong Kong I would also like to work, therefore we don't want to spend more than 30 mins to and fro work - this means DB is out for us.

We have a 11 months old baby. We would like an apartment that is more than 1400spf with facilities ie. swimming pool, kids playground in an expat community so that it will be easy for my child and also me to make new friends.

Thank you in advance.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Go to http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/home.asp? and then type in your housing requirements. With that amount of $ you can probably find somewhere very nice in a variety of places, spoiled for choice, really.

rani is offline Administrator
    EM,

Did you want to stay in Mid-Levels? Here are a few buidlings in ML

Robinson Place - 70 Robinson Rd
    80 Robinson Rd
    Dynasty Court and Hillsborough on Old Peak
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Em'sMum is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your replies.

At this stage we are leaning towards mid levels as it will be easy for hubby to get to work each day. Our budget if we add on the mangement fees will be around 53K. The agent has already told us that Dynasty Court and Bamboo Grove is out of our range.

I'm abit doubtful of this particular agent as he only wants to show us units that are below 53K and not one cent above our budget. What about negotiation?
    What do you think is a reasonable amount that landlords will drop their price too?. I know it is the landlords market in Hong Kong at the moment but surely no one will take up an apartment at the exact asking price.

Could you please give me your experiences and any other names of condos will be gratefully appreciately.

Looking forward to moving to Hong Kong and will be in touch again for playgroups ect.

Cheers
    Em

Em,

We have a proerty agent on Geoexpat -"homesweethome". She's super helpful and caters to Expats. Drop her a quick msg, I'm sure she'll have a few recommendations for you.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

asalles is offline Registered User

Convention plaza Apts.

You can find some 2 bedrooms at Convention PLaza Apartments in Wan Chai. (Many expats also live there) And its equipped with a playroom downstairs, a nice pool a lot of open space and a playground. i couldnt imagine living anywhere else. Its very child friendly

rach is offline Registered User
    our agent also advised us that typically not much room for neogiation with landlords for example some of the apartments we had looked at, had been vacant for quite a while because the landlords were not willing to lower the rent. when we did find one we liked (and now live in) we tried to ask for less but they refused so we had to come back to asking price. other people may have had a different experience.

Have a look at Bel-air in Pok Fu Lam. Heard from another member, that a number of flats are still vacant in Phase 3 and landlords are open to negoitating.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast