Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Please help! is my baby rejecting the breast?

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    Yes Kylie do make an appointment at The Matilda, there is a lovely lactation consultant that works there she really helped me in the early days. Or give Sarah a call, Its also really worth attending LLL meetings for some support.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by Kimmi; 11-10-2006 at 03:41 PM.

joannek is offline Registered User
    yes, try the clinic. you probably need someone to look at your baby, too. or maybe have some one show you how to so a baby massage to get the wind out of the tummy. or call mrs chee, a lactation consultant who also works with matilda hospital. 94176366

Kylie is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies,
    Have contacted Mrs Chee, so will see her as soon as possible and have also taken her to the doctor so we are checking for lactose intolerance. Thanks for all your help

i have a friend's baby is really lactose intolerance. Since he couldn't digest lactose, he didn't gain weight at all for the first 2 weeks on bm. he was hospitalised and tons of test were did on him before the father raised the question of real lactose intolerance. (this is in Canada, father is a doctor himself)

hence i doubt if your baby is lactose intolerance. it's probably one of those nursing strike. was she gaining weight well before this episode?

Yes she was gaining weight, everything was going brilliantly then we shifted and I think this is the result, yesterday got really bad she was refusing all food! I was really worried about her, lets hope today is better.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I know this suggestion sounds extreme but it really helped me in a similar circumstance.

Try spending 24 hours in bed with your baby. Don’t force her to the breast but always have them available. You can also spend time lounging in the bath together. Basically give yourself the day off all work.

I think the fact that all these problems started so soon after your move is the real key to the problem. I’m willing to bet you were really very busy and somewhat anxious about the move. Babies are really very good at picking up on their mother’s vibes. So a worried overworked mother leads to a worried, fussy baby.

24 hours in bed with nothing to do but bond with your baby will allow her to realize that everything is fine after all and it will also allow you to relax and start to enjoy your relationship again without so much stress.

Best wishes,
    Barb

barb has a good suggestion. i agree that babies are suprising good on picking up mommy's emotional ups & downs. if possible, try & relax with your baby in bed all day. just louging in bed and listening to soothing music.

let us know how things go. good luck!

You guys have been brilliant, thankyou so much.
    I have seen mrs Chee, wow what a lady! my milk supply was way down due to the move so we are working on building that back up as bubs has quite naturally reacted badly to it. She also cleared some blockages so fingers crossed now that things get better. Patience here is key for me with getting her back on track, she is still crying at the breast and refusing it so I am having to top up until my milk supply builds up and she realises that. The main thing for me is that my baby is getting food as she hasnt really been getting much the poor angel and she needs to eat! and if she is happy and full she will also sleep. We will get there, I know it.
    Thanks again for all you help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast