Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Changing OBGYN - need advice

u754268 is offline Registered User

Changing OBGYN - need advice

Just seen Dr Dawkins for first appointment - 9 weeks - but not happy with him.
    Did not like his manner plus he made a few jokes about questions that I asked him. Also just did not feel comfortable about him, he gave me and my husband the creeps.

This is my second baby (first went smoothly and naturally) and so far low risk pregnancy. Still, would like an OBGY who I feel comfortable with and respects me as a patient even if I am an easy one.

Any suggstions/recommendations?

I have seen Dr. Tania Marshall ,DR. Lucy Lord, DR. Sally Ferguson and DR. Grace Cheung and Dr.Ghosh have good ratings on this site.

Anyone had experience with these doctors? Especially second time around?

Note - I am fully covered on medical insurance so cost does not matter for doctor or hospital.

Your help is much aprreciated as I need to book the all important 12 week scan appointment with someone soon.

Cheers

M

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Hi, you might want to consider Dr. Philip Ho. We found him to be very competent and he was good about explaining the pros and cons of different processes to help you arrive at an informed decision. His nurse, Kelly, and the rest of his staff are very helpful, too. T: 2899-2293 / 2526-3322 He's at Rm 701, Hing Wai Bldg (the building across from the Queen's Theatre in Central).

rani is offline Administrator

Hiya,

I changed Drs at around 18 weeks. I don't think Tania Marshall is practicing anymore. Lucy Lord and Sally Ferguson are both quite popular.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

blessing is offline Banned

Go for Dr. Joe Chan. He is really, really good. Very punctual, professional, responsive, and co-operative. We recently had a very pleasant experience with him.

nanzbier is offline Registered User

Dr. Philip Ho is an excellent doctory. He always made me feel at ease, took his time thru each appointment. I agree that Kelly is GREAT!

jools is offline Registered User

Dr Sally Ferguson is fantastic. She has delivered two of my children. She's down to earth and very approachable.

I can thoroughly recommend her and should we be lucky enough to have a fourth she will be the first person we call, closely followed by Hulda at Annerley midwives.

Jools

chichi is offline Registered User

Hi, I would recommend Dr Joe Chan to you. He was my OB and he delivered my girl at the HK Adventist Hospital. I must say he is very good and caring, throughout my pregnancy. He always listen to our concerns. My whole family are very happy having him as our doctor. I am sure that he won't disappoint you. His no. is 25233328.

greatimp is offline Registered User

I would recommend Dr. Alexnader Doo with the Women's Clinic tel: 2523 3007

The clinic is in Central. Good luck!