Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby refusing milk

TKW
    TKW is offline Registered User

Unhappy Baby refusing milk

my daugther is 11 mth old, she refuse to drink milk since 3 mth old. she only drink more milk while sleeping. when she is awake she can only drink 2 or 3 oz . i have not given her solid food.
    i'm very worry and don't know how to make her drink more.

pls advise.

huisia is offline Registered User
    Why don't you introduce her solid food since she is already 11 months old?
    I think she is ready to take solid now.
    It's normal for baby doesn't like milk, son of my friend take less than 15oz a day. He is 5 months old BTW.

carang is offline Registered User
    ...you child NEEDS to have solid food... most people introduce it between 4-6 months. by 12 months, the child should be getting MOST of her nutrients from solids, NOT milk.

you daughter is probably sick of milk and wanting something else...

your daughter is NOT a baby any more, she is a toddler now...she needs more energy for all the running around she's going to want to do...

good luck!

nikimom is offline Registered User
    my daughter is 4 months, she has been refusing milk for 6 weeks. She either pushes the bottle away or stops after drinking only 2-3 oz, it's so frustrating. She used to drink 36oz of expressed milk a day, 6x6, now she only drinks like 20 or even less, and she couldnt stay on my breast for longer than 5 mins . She will only take milk in a bottle only when she's half asleep. Last week she had her vaccination, the nurse suggested that I dont give her solids until she is willing to take her milk again.
    Is it normal for babies to refuse milk for a period, though its quite a long one. Wt abt introducing solids? PLS advice. THanks!

nikinmom, if you are very worried, then try a very little bit of very watered down rice cereal.

hubby and i were talking last night about our son. he can sometimes be a very picky eater(he's now 21 months). however, a child will NEVER let themselves starve if there is food on offer. keeeping this in mind might make it easier for you. when i start to get frustrated, i just remember that if he's hungry, he'll eat.

however, if it's for an extended period of time and you are worried, consult a doctor. there may be an underlying problem.

good luck!

nikimom is offline Registered User
    Thanks Carang,
    In two consecutive consultation, we were suggested to give her wind drops and nasal drops to clear her nose....and he said that my daughter is growing healthy even drinking so less for her age.
    I'm just worreid that if i give her rice cereal, it will further decrease her appetite for milk.

if dr says everything is alright, then why worry?

a child will naturally slow down in growth. imagine if they continued to grow at the rate they do in the first few months! we'd be all 20 feet tall!

relax and enjoy the time with your daughter. if she's hungry, she'll eat. no on likes to feel over-full.

TKW
    TKW is offline Registered User

Baby Refusing Milk

HI,

Thanks all of u giving me a good suggestion. Actually i did give my baby solid food in morning. only before fed her milk i don't give her solid food. after 4 hours she still drink 2 oz only. then i try to fed her solid food she seem like very hungry and can eat so many.
    during pass 4 mth to 6 mth her weight not increase.
    now she only drink about 20 oz per day.

pls advise

thanks
    tkw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast